Match Reaction on Return

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
joeb

Re: Match Reaction on Return

Post by joeb »

we got out of jail,this win is just papering over the cracks,feka took the ball up six times coley did a good 35 mins so why not feka
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

FROM A TO B wrote:[quote="thomo"&quotand don't get me started on Hansen - he is not built for the second row and read he lost 6Kg over the off season - he needed to add 6kg to how he ended last season he is too light(but does have a great engine and tackling technique)
Is that why he's joint 2nd in the try scoring list for wigan? :conf: [/quote]

But shouldn't our backs be heading the try scoring lists? Surely this displays the rather "ad-hoc" (for want of a better word) start to the season. If your teams displays form and balance - the trys scored from the threequarter should far outweigh any being scored by forwards - yet this is the area that Wigan seem more concerned with getting four points from nowadays, the backs appear secondary to defence.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
dannydutson

Post by dannydutson »

no i was there to the end, and was shocked liked most fans around me that he actually made a break.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

To be honest I think 95% of SL thus far has been poor fare. I believe that SL clubs are trying to play like NRL clubs with many players that are incapable of doing so.

The salary cap may well produce a more competitive legue but it is achieved through mediocrity.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

Geoff

some people on here know i am not an admirer of Lockers but if he as a good game i will say he as. Yes he made a couple of good moves late on but his overall game like most of them was well below par.

My MOM would be Richards, thought he was solid through out
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

OAM wrote:Geoff

some people on here know i am not an admirer of Lockers but if he as a good game i will say he as. Yes he made a couple of good moves late on but his overall game like most of them was well below par.

My MOM would be Richards, thought he was solid through out
Fair enough.
As I said, I wouldn't argue against either Richards or Calderwood. I'm not saying Lockers had a good game, in fact I tend to agree that he was below par, but more that he was the best of a bad bunch (and we'd have lost without him).
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

GeoffN wrote:I don't think we were as bad as people are making out. I thought we dominated the first half (bombed at least 3 tries), but again it's our finishing inside their 20m letting us down - much like the Cas game. We gave Robinson & Brown far too much space around the rucks, though.
The loss of Hock was a big blow, and one we never really recovered from (except in that last 5 mins!).
We've been mentioning lack of pace for a while; Colbon being caught by Crabtree really summed that up!

Tricky to pick a MoM for this one; quite a few played well in patches, Richards & Calderwood for example, but for sheer determination (and never-say-die captaincy) I'd have to say O'Loughlin wins it for me.
I thought Lockers was the best as well, the two trys at the end were Lockers to Coley, then Lockers to Coley to Carmont. Calderwood tackles out of his skin but never gets the ball to score tries, which is ridiculous for a winger, same as Dallas at 2 had to keep coming in looking for work, Goulding is a very selfish centre, and Richards again phew
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan