Been here before!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TedMac

Re: Been here before!

Post by TedMac »

Don't get me wrong. Brian is an experienced coach with a good track record. BUT a major part of a coach's job is to fire up a team to the right level for a crunch match and that is the one thing he doesn't seem good at. Anderson had his men exactly right and it showed in the first few minutes.
I don't really want a new coach but there's something wrong with our attitude from the off. Even when we win games, we almost always lose the first half, often by a big margin.
It's time Brian and the team went into a match with the right attitude, stayed reasonably on side and our forwards bossed a game - Saints did that even without Cayless and Fozzard.
Ted Mac
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

Have to agree with what Tedmac has already said!
Today was a great chance for our forwards to stamp some authority against what looked like a young, light Saints pack (Especially front row) Fielden should have had his way today, but instead was made to look pathetic! It really is time he moved on to new pastures now!
Lockers for me is going backwards with each game! He is now totally devoid of any creativity going forward, giving silly penalties away, and add to this missed tackles creeping into his game all to common! He is nothing more that a very average player!
The lack of direction from Higham is also a concern! I really am loosing my confidence in him and his inability to control the game!
What upsets me more than anything though, is the lack of passion and the way we always go into games looking to defend an on-slaught week in week out. Can anyone tell me the last time we scored the first try in a game? Seriously?
I am not unrealistic and don't expect to win every game each week, but what i do want to see is some pride and effort! I have not seen this so far this season! We never seem fired up for games! [/quote]
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

Have to agree with what Tedmac has already said!
Today was a great chance for our forwards to stamp some authority against what looked like a young, light Saints pack (Especially front row) Fielden should have had his way today, but instead was made to look pathetic! It really is time he moved on to new pastures now!
Lockers for me is going backwards with each game! He is now totally devoid of any creativity going forward, giving silly penalties away, and add to this missed tackles creeping into his game all to common! He is nothing more that a very average player!
The lack of direction from Higham is also a concern! I really am loosing my confidence in him and his inability to control the game!
What upsets me more than anything though, is the lack of passion and the way we always go into games looking to defend an on-slaught week in week out. Can anyone tell me the last time we scored the first try in a game? Seriously?
I am not unrealistic and don't expect to win every game each week, but what i do want to see is some pride and effort! I have not seen this so far this season! We never seem fired up for games! [/quote]
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

We dont have a clue in attack, no moves no nothing,defence was p&ss poor.We dont have anyone who can break the line.Lets be honest we have to many BOG STANDARD PLAYERS.The first 15 mins Silverwood hammered us and give stains the momentum,but he didnt make that shower of ours miss tackles and play like a set of plonkers.
stusmithnwa

Post by stusmithnwa »

I think its time to get EDWARDS in, look what a good job he did for Wales RU, offer him whatever he wants to make Wigan into the force they should be
pieeater

Post by pieeater »

very disappointed - been waiting all week to watch this game - where was the passion - felt sorry for Colbon put at FB - he deffo lost his confidence but don't blame Noble - this one's down to the players - you don't need the coach to tell you how important it is to beat sts - sorry Calderwoood but you just don't have what it takes - am so fed up - we'd better make amends on Monday :(
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
pedro

Post by pedro »

No Skill, Pride, Pace....the list is endless.

Cannot single out Fielden as the entire team was poor. A finger has to be pointed at the coach as I am still waiting a planned move this season.

Only good bit was when Barrett found Biley backed him up and he just run at the defender...it was laughable it was that pathetic.

As for Colbons attempt at the difuse...he should have been subbed then and never play again!! (not bothered who wbet to FB after that as they were already getting dicked)

Will not be swapping my shift patterns for that garbage again this season.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I can see this day coming in the not so distant, i'm assuming that a coaches wage's aren't included in the Cap, so whgy not offer Edwards a shed load, i can't see him putting up with that type of performance, he is just the bloke we need to bring back the passion, who knows maybe Nobby will head off down under next season, after all he did what he was hired to do, keep us from relegation, and a fine job he did to, but maybe he has as far as he can with this club
stusmithnwa

Post by stusmithnwa »

look at the players that are not good enough:

Lockers - captain crap and 4 year contract for gods sake

Goulding - to slow and not good awareness

Colbon - To scared of the ball and just not quick enough

Fielden - Overpaid, cap being wasted for his wages not enough effort from him
pedro

Post by pedro »

you only have 4...Fekas not on there neither is Bailey or LuLu