Re: SSSSSSHHHHHH!!!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

exactly what i was thinking as he put thoase two tries down....

get in Liam lad! stick it up all the doubters!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

CherryandWhiteandProud

Post by CherryandWhiteandProud »

I think Colbon is a great winger and had a good game yesterday. People have been saying that Colbon didn't work for his tries and just finished off moves created by other players. And that's great. Because that's what wingers do.

Look all the top wingers with the top scoring record. Only a fraction of their tries will be stepping two players then running 40 metres or more. Most of them look like they just got a lucky ball near the tryline with some space. But its no coincidence that these players allways find themselves in these "lucky" positions. It's all about positioning and timing.

The best wingers are in the right place at the right time. You probably all realize this but looking at the above posts some may need reminding.
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

CherryandWhitea ndProud wrote:I think Colbon is a great winger and....

wow wow wow....calm down!

lets not get too heisty! i'm a fan of Liams but lets not go from one extream to another!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

The King

Post by The King »

the-Bowtun-Warr ior wrote:
CherryandWhitea ndProud wrote:I think Colbon is a great winger and....

wow wow wow....calm down!

lets not get too heisty! i'm a fan of Liams but lets not go from one extream to another!
:lol:
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Just as two trys in one match doesn't make a "world beater" :wink:

For once, I have to say that I am in complete agreement with Dave O over his latest posts/comments on the threads on the "Web Warriors" (I must be unwell :lol: )
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

:eusa17:
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Spot on about the pace bit Dave. Ive thought all along weve lacked pace in the backline. Mathers at fullback is quite pacey, which releases Richards on the wing. IMO Liam Colbon on the wing isnt my choice
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

I don't think Mathers deserves to get back into the squad, Richards is far better at full back and Colbon is doing nothing wrong on the wing.

What are wingers in the squad to do if not to finish moves? Colbon finished off two moves against Hull KR so what the problem. Colbon has had one bad game this season against Saint yet now people seem to think he is the worst player in super league :conf:

Colbon might not get into the squad if everyone was playing to there potential but at the moment that is not happening and Colbon was one of the best players from the KR match and deserves to keep his place.