Were the hell was Barrett???????

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
kris_roy

Re: Were the hell was Barrett?...

Post by kris_roy »

barrets pulled his hamstring in training and is out for up to 6 weeks after hearing some inside information
BORN WIGAN,
LIVE WIGAN,
DIE WIGAN!!!!!
jammie

Post by jammie »

coley was ok,but where was the rest of the forwards hideing when taking the ball up.my motm buy some margin was richards,he drove the ball in more than any of the forwards.still no idea going forward.i hope i am wrong but i fear another embarrasing score line next week if we don't get things sorted out PDQ
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

turf

Post by turf »

Barrett out for 4 - 6 weeks?!?!?!

That is worrying. Extremely worrying!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

kris_roy wrote:barrets pulled his hamstring in training and is out 4 up to 6 weeks after hearing some inside information
He hurt his knee last week and according to Noble after tonights game it was a precaution not to play him but he will be fit for Leeds game
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Nobby is being quoted as saying he is back Saturday.
jammie

Post by jammie »

if barret is out for so long that leaves us right in the crap
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

kris_roy

Post by kris_roy »

turf wrote:Barrett out for 4 - 6 weeks?!?!?!

That is worrying. Extremely worrying!!
yep that means he'll miss the leeds game unless he pulls of a miracle and still plays fortunatly though with the challenge cup and catalans he should be able to rest up the injury with a possible return against bradford
BORN WIGAN,
LIVE WIGAN,
DIE WIGAN!!!!!
mickh

Post by mickh »

I know where you are coming from regards the entertainment aspect, Two Eyed Warrior, it was dire.
A chip over the top was tried a few times but we had no-one with speed to take advantage of it, did we make a break? I don't think so. Wigan maintained a sound defensive line most of the time but I want to see a semblance of effort in attack, especially against a team with at least 6 "A" Teamers in their side.
We hadn't got a clue, all it was, was, take the ball up, tackle, pass the ball to first man, take the ball up, tackle, YAWN. It is getting to be boring, week after week, the team did miss Trent Barrett, but that shows other teams, keep him quiet and you keep Wigan quiet, as if they didn't know already.
The referee was pedantic but most of the time he allowed 11 yards and then stepped forward at PTB to make it easier to keep on side but still it was wrong, more should have been sin-binned, especially from Wakefield.
We have got a smashing stadium, supporters who are second to none, but a team AND coach who can talk the talk, but can't walk the walk.
The weather was bad, yes, but for both sides, Wigan were frightened to pass the ball, the confidence, for most of the season has been apalling, it is not getting any better, can I have a refund on my season ticket for what has been served up so far, If you were in a restaurant you would be asking to see the chef, and a free meal, the rugby served up so far is no different.
I don't want to wait until the sun shines to watch "My Team", If I did I would have bought half a season ticket.
Second in the league, you're having a laugh!

I'll have a couple of quid on us beating Leeds next week, any takers?
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

1. I take it Barrett is not allowed to get injured.
2. We have just played 3 games in a week, you can't expect fast flowing rugby whilst the RFL continue to batter players.
3. The wonderful weather didn't exactly help for flowing rugby.
4. Look at the table. Wigan played 9 won 6, Stains played 9 won 5
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

mickh wrote:I know where you are coming from regards the entertainment aspect, Two Eyed Warrior, it was dire.
A chip over the top was tried a few times but we had no-one with speed to take advantage of it, did we make a break? I don't think so. Wigan maintained a sound defensive line most of the time but I want to see a semblance of effort in attack, especially against a team with at least 6 "A" Teamers in their side.
We hadn't got a clue, all it was, was, take the ball up, tackle, pass the ball to first man, take the ball up, tackle, YAWN. It is getting to be boring, week after week, the team did miss Trent Barrett, but that shows other teams, keep him quiet and you keep Wigan quiet, as if they didn't know already.
The referee was pedantic but most of the time he allowed 11 yards and then stepped forward at PTB to make it easier to keep on side but still it was wrong, more should have been sin-binned, especially from Wakefield.
We have got a smashing stadium, supporters who are second to none, but a team AND coach who can talk the talk, but can't walk the walk.
The weather was bad, yes, but for both sides, Wigan were frightened to pass the ball, the confidence, for most of the season has been apalling, it is not getting any better, can I have a refund on my season ticket for what has been served up so far, If you were in a restaurant you would be asking to see the chef, and a free meal, the rugby served up so far is no different.
Exactly the right tactics for the conditions. It was always going to be a low-scoring game, so to keep them tryless was critical. I think you underestimate just how bad the pitch is, especially up the middle; both sets of forawrds were running on the spot at times, as the turf just cut up under their feet.
32 penalties didn't help, either.