Who do we want to win tonight ...

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Mike
Site Admin

Who do we want to win tonight ...

Post by Mike »

... out of Leeds and St Helens?

I suppose, to keep the league tight and give us the best chance of finishing top we need all the better teams to take points off one-another - so St Helens would suit us. If we are more pessimistic (realistic?) we won't finish top so to give us the best shot at finishing as high as possible we should want Leeds to take all the points from everyone else except us - so we want Leeds to win. :conf:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
trotski_tgwu

Re: Who do we want to win tonight ...

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Mike wrote:... out of Leeds and St Helens?

I suppose, to keep the league tight and give us the best chance of finishing top we need all the better teams to take points off one-another - so St Helens would suit us. If we are more pessimistic (realistic?) we won't finish top so to give us the best shot at finishing as high as possible we should want Leeds to take all the points from everyone else except us - so we want Leeds to win. :conf:
Leeds are on fire just now and Stains are riding thier luck at the moment.

Lets hope Stains get a real good gubbing 84-0 would be very very nice indeed :lol: :lol: :lol:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

Matthew

Re: Who do we want to win tonight ...

Post by Matthew »

The best way to look at this one is - do you think that we will beat Leeds?

On our current form the answer has to be a resounding NO!

Therefore it is better if they give stains a good hiding and do some serious damage to their points difference.

The best result for us would be for both teams to bash lumps out of each other and add numbers to their injury lists.

If Leeds continue to play as they are, then the league leaders shield will be theirs way before the season ends and I can't see us being consistent enough to be able to challenge for second place; let alone top. Realistically we will do well to get forth this year.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
GeoffN

Re: Who do we want to win toni...

Post by GeoffN »

Has to be Leeds, for a number of reasons!

1. They're playing Saints.
2. We go ahead of Saints if we win and they lose.
3. They're playing Saints.
4. If Wire slip up tomorrow, we could go second.
5. They're playing Saints
6. We have a good recent record against Leeds, overall.
7. They're playing Saints.
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

bit of a pointless thread as nobody is going want saints win unless there mentally disturbed.
IN WANE WE TRUST
turf

Post by turf »

As a neutral, I thought Klein didn't have the best of games he has had this season.

Bentham could have given two tries (benefit of the doubt) last night.

Leon Pryce looked to have slid over (due to momentum on the slippery surface) and Scott Donald looked to have also had a certain try chalked off by VR Phil Bentham.