Warrington 6 Harlequins 8

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Re: Warrington 6 Harlequins 8

Post by cpwigan »

FROM A TO B wrote:
butt monkey wrote:
FROM A TO B wrote:So with such a low score, does that make London crap?
God wrote:And clueless in attack??

Sometimes i do dispair.
Nope to both!

Just that I don't think anyone cares what the Quins results are, we are more concerned with how Wigan are performing, and should be improving regardless of weather!!!

We are a third of the way through the season, with no recognisable signs of improvement, from a side looking bereft of ideas for most of the game. With say just a few sporadic individual breaks from the odd players.

Note, most of Wigan's trys have been scored from kicks. Not running/handling/support play/set moves; more the oppositions inability to deal with Trent's (primarily) kicks. That does not make a great team, nor will it guarantee the continued success of such plays during the season and especially the "bigger" games.
might not be the most attractive, but lookat the league table
If that League Table looks as good after next weekend then I will eat humble pie ;)
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Morph wrote:One point to make Turf is that this game and the Saints/Leeds match, both were played in similar conditions, yet the standard of attacking play was so much better than ours...
I don't think it was, and the scoreline bears that out. Wire got their tactics wrong, trying to play it out wide too much.

P.S Neutral matches are always better reffed than ours! :wink:
Very true, but the much smaller penalty count was definitely a factor.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Morph wrote:
Just because the scoreline is low doesn't mean the teams didn't try to play attacking and exciting rugby. My point being that the game Wire v Quins was more entertaining than ours because thats what the teams did, try to play attacking rugby.
Quins didn't, they played pretty much everything up the middle. Their only try came from a prop forward in midfield.
Wire kept trying to play it out wide (mostly to King) and he kept getting tackled into touch or dropping it. Fair enough, their try was out wide, but only on the back of a penalty.
In fact, it was only the penalty count that kept Wire in the game.
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Morph wrote:
Not a good game again because of the conditions. It was a mudbath.
It was a mudbath, but I thought this was a good hard game. Ours against Wakefield was a hard game but nowhere near as entertaining. This is probably due to the fact that there were 32 penalties in our game and half that in Warrington v Quins. The ref IMO controlled this match better and realised that the conditions were playing a part and so allowed a bit of leeway as the match went on in what were energy sapping conditions.
I agree with you there & as i dont like Wire was going nuts watching the Quins forward run in that Try it was like slow motion with a wire player on his heals. was only when i watched the replay did i see another quins player backing him up. Something we dont see with our Team.

Same with the Ref not to many penalties & the game flowed good in poor conditions.

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx