Car Park Charges

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
JARJAR

Re: Car Park Charges

Post by JARJAR »

Have followed Marios example and e-mailed the club informing them that we as season ticket holders bought our tickets on the basis of the package of benefits that included free parking and that if this benefit is removed that we should be entitled to some financial compensation (or better still continued free parking) .Encourage everyone to do the same.Dont forget the club got into hot water over pension age discrimination (but got their own back by raising the following seasons prices!).
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Be sure to let us know your response!
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Season Ticket Holder Benefits:

Free Car Parking: There are approximately 2500 free car parking spaces adjacent to the JJB Stadium. These are available on a first come, first served basis.

This was taken from official web site. Now if they try to charge season ticket holders for parking the club is in breach of the trades discription act As they would have sold season tickets for something that they are now charging you for.

Now to me that is in breach of contract & if a season ticket holder was to break any of the club rule they would be the first to punish said offender.

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

robjoenz posted:
They seem ok at reading and replying to emails, Marios emailing them several times a week with little gripes, like not buying an away kit because they won't put in the shop near his house. Haha :wink:
No wonder they don't take our fans seriously then!

I think the £2 charge is pathetic, we've done fine before why all of a sudden does it have to change? I think people should just completely boycott the carparks, I know if I was driving I would. It's not that it's a lot of money, it's just the principal. I get the feeling that Whelan is not a poor man!...so why jip us out of more money for the sake of it.

:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mario

Post by mario »

MrsLam posted:
robjoenz posted:
They seem ok at reading and replying to emails, Marios emailing them several times a week with little gripes, like not buying an away kit because they won't put in the shop near his house. Haha :wink:
No wonder they don't take our fans seriously then!

I think the £2 charge is pathetic, we've done fine before why all of a sudden does it have to change? I think people should just completely boycott the carparks, I know if I was driving I would. It's not that it's a lot of money, it's just the principal. I get the feeling that Whelan is not a poor man!...so why jip us out of more money for the sake of it.
Matter of principle. Before whelen took over and resticted sales, Wigan shirts were sold all over the North west. He stops all but JJB shops from selling them,but does'nt stock shops where other companies did. It's available in Carlisle yet not 10 miles outside Wigan or even 5 miles for that matter.
The main reason is the snotty email off Wigan rl that as good as said "go to Wigan if you want it, i dont care either way!"
It's not going to do the Warriors any good if i buy it anyway because any profit over what we can use for the salary cap will just be spent on Latics!
you can block this post now.