Video > DVD transfer request

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
consigliere

Re: Video > DVD transfer re...

Post by consigliere »

it is and it picks and chooses which DVD's it will play and which it won't.

I can't even find a pattern to why it happens.
www.directeta.com

THE BEST WAY TO FOLLOW WIGAN AWAY
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

consigliere wrote:it is and it picks and chooses which DVD's it will play and which it won't.

It will only play DVDs that have been converted to digital either by the manufacturer beforehand or by yourself afterwards. Anything you download should play fine
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:
consigliere wrote:it is and it picks and chooses which DVD's it will play and which it won't.

It will only play DVDs that have been converted to digital either by the manufacturer beforehand or by yourself afterwards. Anything you download should play fine
I downloaded a film (just for me) CP, and that will only work on my computer. I have dvd recorders and a built in one. Last year someone downloaded the Catalan/Wigan game off the French sport channel while I was there, that will play on my computer and the built in dvd player but not the recorders??? :conf: How do you convert? :conf:

You'll have to give me some lessons CP :lol:

Watch for the comments now :blush: :blush: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

josie andrews wrote:
cpwigan wrote:

I downloaded a film (just for me) CP, and that will only work on my computer. I have dvd recorders and a built in one. Last year someone downloaded the Catalan/Wigan game off the French sport channel while I was there, that will play on my computer and the built in dvd player but not the recorders??? :conf: How do you convert? :conf:

You'll have to give me some lessons CP :lol:

Watch for the comments now :blush: :blush: :lol: :lol: :wink:
lol Josie,

Yes you need to convert the dowloaded files normally avi ones into a DVD format,

I use this package

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/con ... &aid=97139

You are meant to buy it. I did but my nephew downloaded a copy from somewhere for free. I can find out.

There are lots of these convert to DVD programmes about though. Many good ones.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Thanks CP gone and bought it am converting (hopefully) as we speak :thum: xx
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
dawbz

Post by dawbz »

cpwigan wrote:No software needed Dawbz. You simply add a video player to your TV / DVD set up viascart leads and record on DVD whilst playing the video.
Thanks for that cp, now thats where i have a problem......... i don't have a dvd recorder :lol: , but i am in the process of looking for a new 42" plasma (I have been told LG are very good), so it sounds like a purchase of a dvd recorder is in order, anyone any ideas of wich make (tv + dvd) are worth a look at i would appreciate the info, thanks in advance.
wigan pie man

Post by wigan pie man »

dawbz wrote:
cpwigan wrote:No software needed Dawbz. You simply add a video player to your TV / DVD set up viascart leads and record on DVD whilst playing the video.
Thanks for that cp, now thats where i have a problem......... i don't have a dvd recorder :lol: , but i am in the process of looking for a new 42" plasma (I have been told LG are very good), so it sounds like a purchase of a dvd recorder is in order, anyone any ideas of wich make (tv + dvd) are worth a look at i would appreciate the info, thanks in advance.
FORGET THE TELLY/DVD COMBO......i have one and it wont play a lot of my bought dvds, let alone copies.

get convertXtoDVD on your compy, torrent what you want, then copy it on disc.

then problem 2........which discs to use??

anyway.......theres a £25 dvd player in asda that will play just about anything..........i have one........and if they fail to play on my telly dvd, they play on that.
but it wont play dvd-rw for some reason
WIGAN PIE MAN ......SPONSORED BY MECCA BINGO
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

dawbz wrote:
Dawbz if you need I will convert the games for you.

You can buy video / dvd recorder combos.

I personally like Philips myself. What I would say is do not skimp on the DVD discs. I only use Verbatim.

What Wigan Pie Man says is true, some of the cheap players are far less fussy than more expensive ones.
dawbz

Post by dawbz »

Thanks for that cp, what agentleman you are.
I'll buy my stuff first and see how i get on, by the way i have always used Ridisc and not had a problem with those discs, if i don't have any joy i will give you a shout and take you up on the offer matey, thanks again.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:
dawbz wrote:
Dawbz if you need I will convert the games for you.

You can buy video / dvd recorder combos.

I personally like Philips myself. What I would say is do not skimp on the DVD discs. I only use Verbatim.

What Wigan Pie Man says is true, some of the cheap players are far less fussy than more expensive ones.

Mine are all Philips equipment, discs as well, have never had a problem with them I do like Philips though (don't know if he likes mine) :lol: :lol: