Lockyer Injured again and looking for SL Contract

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
butt monkey

Lockyer Injured again and looking for SL Contract

Post by butt monkey »

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/le ... 41336.html

Lockyer's contract only runs out at the end of 2009!

This, and he has just re-injured the knee that he had a full reconstruction on last year - I hope the early favourites - Hull KR do sign him. As their are doubts in Australia that Lockyer will be able to fulfill the remaining years of his Bronco's contract as it is.

P.s. Will Zillman has also signed for the Gold Coast Titans, so that also ends any more rumours concerning him as a possible signing (for at least the next 4 years).
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Re: Lockyer Injured again and ...

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

same old rubbish from the press!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Yeah, but it doesn't stop the speculation.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
the-Bowtun-Warrior

the-Bowtun-Warrior

botica

Post by botica »

Injured and available! Sounds like a Wigan signing doesn't it? :eh:
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

botica wrote: Injured and available! Sounds like a Wigan signing doesn't it? :eh:
Under the old regime maybe - however we haven't seen any indication of the new management signing Aussie has-beens as yet. They seem to be be going for fringe players who have something to offer ala Carmont.

We don't want Lockyer - he is clearly only after the retirement pay-check and has serious knee trouble; which won't have made him any faster! Hopefully we can stir up the rumour mill and get wire to sign him for a massively inflated contract like we did with King! Who knows; maybe Mathers can then knock Lockyer out as well! :D
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
botica

Post by botica »

Not mentioned Aussie's but we have someone waiting to play called Price, Injured and Available and bought by this regime... I did feel at the time, Oh Here We Go Again! Hope he proves me wrong, but i do agree we don't need any one season wonders from over the water. :eh:
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010