Iro's Twin???

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: Iro's Twin???

Post by thegimble »

robjoenz posted:
Good to hear that he's got a lot more to show. Going forward he's getting much better, he showed good strength and good support for his two tries. His defence though is a different matter. He's been positionally out of place in all three SL games this season at one time or another and it has cost us points. If he was dog tired why would you attempt an interception which to me looked impossible.

I think you made a good point about the defence Mike, we are throwing 3-5 men into the tackles to accomodate for our smaller pack which has to bring guys in from somewhere but staying in the line is a far better tactic that going for a difficult ball when you're shattered.

Early days yet, it's a shame we don't have more preseason friendlies so that players can get match fit before the season begins! Also the amount of ankle and knee injuries is worrying, lets hope some grass can grow in a fortnight whilst we play away.
Amazing what can happen in 2 weeks if we went by the posts on here he was going to be a flop along with Moran after his game at Wakefield and both should leave.

Now ive seen 2 posts on here since Sat saying Vaeleki is the New Iro and that Moran was more up for it in the Bulls match than Lam was all season.

Amazing what can happen.

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

thegimble posted:
Amazing what can happen in 2 weeks if we went by the posts on here he was going to be a flop along with Moran after his game at Wakefield and both should leave.

Now ive seen 2 posts on here since Sat saying Vaeleki is the New Iro and that Moran was more up for it in the Bulls match than Lam was all season.

Amazing what can happen.
In two weeks Vaealiki has gone from looking sluggish and doing nothing but show his palm to opposition to scoring tries, I'd say that was a decent improvement, still lots to prove and improve on though.

I personally think Moran has looked good, with the exception of Wakefield when he was suffering from flu, especially against Bradford when I thought he well deserved MOTM, his work rate was up there with Locky both going forwards and in defence.

Before he signed his defence had been questioned but I can see little to complain about as long as he knows when to play defensive and when to take a risk. One of Londons tactics seemed to get him to intercept anything which could unfairly make him look weak in defence.

I didn't think Lam much a season last year, mainly down to injury.
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

Wight Pie posted:
Morning/ Afternoon/whatever time it is when you read this Vaealikis Girl.

Dave had a good game on Friday and showed good strength and mobility to get his two tries.

Given the fact that he was reasonably unheard of before he came over if he keeps on the way he's going he'll be a crowd favourite.

All in all he's been one of the positives so far this season.
Afternoon :wink:
It's hard not being able to see the games, i just have to go off a bunch of match reports but it sounds like he is improving each week and starting to look like he's getting his game back.

Please tell me one of his tries was him just powering through the defenders with his huge legs lol. I used to love watching those tries.

Just don't let him get too popular over there i still have the fingers crossed he'll be back here one day :D
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

robjoenz posted:
His defence though is a different matter. He's been positionally out of place in all three SL games this season at one time or another and it has cost us points. If he was dog tired why would you attempt an interception which to me looked impossible.
Not making any excuses for him (at least not this time :wink: ) but just curious as to what defensive style Wigan uses.
Over the past few years Parramatta have used a sliding defense system (not sure if you use the same styles or even the same names for the styles over there). I'm just wondering if it could be a change in defensive style which is confusing him as to where he should be on the field.

If it's only his defense you're worried about i wouldn't think too much of it. He managed to change his defense from being absolute, well, crap is the only way i can put it lol to being one of the most solid defenders at our club in a matter of about 6 months and that was at 18 years old with no first grade experience so i'm sure it won't take too long there.
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!
Wight Pie

Post by Wight Pie »

As I remember both tries saw him pushing over line line and taking defenders with him/going over the top of them so when you see the video that should keep you happy :D :D
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

robjoenz posted:
thegimble posted:

Amazing what can happen.
In two weeks Vaealiki has gone from looking sluggish and doing nothing but show his palm to opposition to scoring tries, I'd say that was a decent improvement, still lots to prove and improve on though.

I personally think Moran has looked good, with the exception of Wakefield when he was suffering from flu, especially against Bradford when I thought he well deserved MOTM, his work rate was up there with Locky both going forwards and in defence.

Before he signed his defence had been questioned but I can see little to complain about as long as he knows when to play defensive and when to take a risk. One of Londons tactics seemed to get him to intercept anything which could unfairly make him look weak in defence.

I didn't think Lam much a season last year, mainly down to injury.
I think youve missed understood my message. I was not having a go on any of the players mentioned. I think they will all be good for the club.

I was having a go on all the fans who moaned about them in the previous weeks. How many have had o go on Orr on here yet if he gets a run on form they will be praising him and not slagging him off.

We should not start slag players off if they have a bad week. And support them all the time.

Bloody hell im in a happy place today.