Richards

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ste lord

Richards

Post by ste lord »

Maybe im missing a trick here but how is Pat with regards to a new contract?

IMO he is the next player we should be getting signed up for the future!

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

Bear

Re: Richards

Post by Bear »

Definatly agreeing with you there steve. By far one of wigans best players. We also need him for the kicking. I hope he signs a new contract
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ste lord wrote:Maybe im missing a trick here but how is Pat with regards to a new contract?
He is out of contract at the end of the season.
IMO he is the next player we should be getting signed up for the future!
Well Lenagan has said:

"Behind the scenes, we are working extremely hard within our significant Salary Cap constraints for 2009 to secure sensible future contracts with more of our current players...."

I assume Richards is one of those players.

Obstacles to him signing a new contract are:

1. He wants to go home. He said he wanted to come here while young and without family commitments (i.e. kids of school age) and he may fancy another crack in the NRL. So he could just say thanks for the three years and return home. We can't blame him if he does as he will have kept his side of the bargain.

2. A "sensible future contract" is a lot less than he earns now so this is a sticking point and may also mean he may as well go an play back in the NRL even if that is for less money than he earns now this season.

Dave
Bear

Post by Bear »

If he did go home i would thank him for 3 years. By far one of our best signings. start of 2006 i wasnt so sure but no one performed then but he moved to wing / FB then he performed every week
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

once pat got to the wing he started playing ,god only knows what millward was doing playing him at centre
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

He did say he would like another contract here, him and his wife are now settled and are enjoying it, he is also wanting to play for Ireland in the world cup, I hope he does sign he has been immense this last couple of seasons, it took a while but he is one of our most improved players.

Come on St Patrick please stay :eusa10: :eusa10:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Hope we do sign him up for a new contract.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

josie andrews wrote: he is also wanting to play for Ireland in the world cup,
I would have thought that re-signing was not a condition of playing in this years World Cup.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Meanwhile, Richards said his agent remains in talks with Wigan about extending his three-year stay at the club. He is out of contract this year.

http://www.wigantoday.net/warriors/Rich ... 3988624.jp
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

butt monkey wrote:
josie andrews wrote: he is also wanting to play for Ireland in the world cup,
I would have thought that re-signing was not a condition of playing in this years World Cup.
No, I never said it was, but it would be easier to be closer to the Ireland squad being here to train than being in Oz would it not? or are the ones who qualify to play for Eire just going to go to Oz and meet up there and then decide who plays? :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan