Another Penalty Record Set?!?!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
turf

Another Penalty Record Set?!?!

Post by turf »

This time it is the turn of Richard Silverwood.

I have been on the Hull KR message board and someone on there is asking that in a game that at the most, warranted 20 penalties, how did Silverwood give no less than 34 penalties.

Another penalty record. Disgraceful!! :angry: :angry:
shawcross da warrior

Re: Another Penalty Record Set...

Post by shawcross da warrior »

most penalties this season have been for the new rule of both feet being behind the referee...

late on in a game players are getting tired and so on, so arnt getting back the full 10 metres...
turf

Post by turf »

The last ten minutes is when the officials need to use more common sense and keep the whistle in their pockets unless absolutely necessary.

The players are bound to be tired in the last ten minues after knocking ten bells out of one another for the previous 70, so come on referees!!!!!!

Use some common sense please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

34 penalties is one every 2.5 minutes. It's making the greatest game of all look almost as stop/start as the amateurs from Twickers. It's also making an enormous demand on players to keep a near 11 metre gap and we are getting more and more injuries.
It doesn't seem to me that the new law pedantry is doing anything for the game except make it worse and more dangerous. Waken up Stuart Cummings - it's not what any of us wants.
Stevethegas
XIII

Post by XIII »

From what I know, alot of the Rule changes have come from Nigel Wood. This is the bloke who was in charge of the finances when Halifax went up the wall, oh he's now in charge of the pennies with Super League, or the RFL, can't remember which, sorry. He's a big fan of the Salery cap, and I don't know what he has on people to have such a job.

As for Mr Cummings, I've always said when Greg MaCallum was in charge we had 1 POOR Referee, now that POOR referee is charge we're lucky to find a good one some weeks!

Look what you guys have got me doing....MOANING!!! :badg:
Wigan Till I Die!!

We've had Barrett and Kenny, Edwards and Hanley, Boston and 8 IN A ROW!!!
turf

Post by turf »

XIII wrote:From what I know, alot of the Rule changes have come from Nigel Wood. This is the bloke who was in charge of the finances when Halifax went up the wall, oh he's now in charge of the pennies with Super League, or the RFL, can't remember which, sorry. He's a big fan of the Salery cap, and I don't know what he has on people to have such a job.

As for Mr Cummings, I've always said when Greg MaCallum was in charge we had 1 POOR Referee, now that POOR referee is charge we're lucky to find a good one some weeks!

Look what you guys have got me doing....MOANING!!! :badg:
Another of us maoning about the officials/Cummings.

Not that I am complaining. Just shows you how bad our officials have been this season with more and more new (I think) members logging/coming onto this board and moaning about the officials/Cummings!! :D :D
XIII

Post by XIII »

Sorry Gem, it just gets to me sometimes! :eusa17:
Wigan Till I Die!!

We've had Barrett and Kenny, Edwards and Hanley, Boston and 8 IN A ROW!!!
CherryandWhiteandProud

Post by CherryandWhiteandProud »

It dives me nuts. I can't see what this 2 foot rule is supposed to achive. Can anyone help me there?

Whatever it is, it's killing the game more than whatever it was meant to be fixing! If it's not broke the don't fix it!