Michael Korkidas

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Michael Korkidas

Post by DaveO »

Warriors til I die posted:
Since the departure of Smithy there is a distinct lack of front row passion.
There is a Wigan fan on the rlfans board who played for Wakefield at some level, still lives there and has contacts with the club.

He recently posted that Korkidas is out of contract at the end of the season and Wakefield are pressing him to sign an extension until 2008. He is holding off however as is aware several other clubs are interested in signing him.

So I don't think its likely that we will this season but we ought to be in with a shout for next season unless he decides to stay put.

If he does not sign the extension then if we don't make a successful move for this player I will give up on us being able sign quality players!

Dave
silver surfer

Post by silver surfer »

Brett Kenny and John Ferguson

If only. Ah!!!!!!!!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO posted:
Warriors til I die posted:
Since the departure of Smithy there is a distinct lack of front row passion.
There is a Wigan fan on the rlfans board who played for Wakefield at some level, still lives there and has contacts with the club.

He recently posted that Korkidas is out of contract at the end of the season and Wakefield are pressing him to sign an extension until 2008. He is holding off however as is aware several other clubs are interested in signing him.

So I don't think its likely that we will this season but we ought to be in with a shout for next season unless he decides to stay put.

If he does not sign the extension then if we don't make a successful move for this player I will give up on us being able sign quality players!

Dave
Totally agree.

Especially with the transfer fee for Faz. If we get second rate players in next season then im sorry Dave Whealen has sold us down the River for the Latics.

But he will soon be back when he realises his 40 million buys nothing.