Who will fill Barretts Boots??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Who will fill Barretts Boo...

Post by pedro »

Dobsons a 7...why do people think we need a 7 at 6? TL isnt a good 7 or a good 6 so we need some class to carry him.

I dont rate McGuire. Hes a top class support player but not a play maker. Have you ever seen him at 6 without Burrow at 7 setting up the play?

Pryce is the best 6 in this country by a mile and we could not get him from them.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Me?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

pedro wrote:Dobsons a 7...why do people think we need a 7 at 6? TL isnt a good 7 or a good 6 so we need some class to carry him.

I dont rate McGuire. Hes a top class support player but not a play maker. Have you ever seen him at 6 without Burrow at 7 setting up the play?

Pryce is the best 6 in this country by a mile and we could not get him from them.
I wouldn't want a sexual deviant like him at the club, what next Purple Aki helping the lads in the gym
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I do agree re Pryce being the best 6 but as said he goes into that category of players you love to hate.

Seriously though Sam Tomkins in time is the genuine article. Different class to Coyle when he runs with the ball and has a cracking kicking game.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Whoever stated that they want benji marshall, hes a scrum half and injury prone. Great player with a cracking step.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
pedro

Post by pedro »

Benji marshalls a 6...he was 6 at wests when scott prince was the 7.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

pedro wrote:Benji marshalls a 6...he was 6 at wests when scott prince was the 7.
Correct Pedro
LORENZO

Post by LORENZO »

Personally I would go for Rooney.
He has been fantastic at Wakey as both a player and leader.
Will not cost as much as Barrett so we could, perhaps, get one or two more quality players to go alonside.
May be free if Wakey don't get into S.L. next year.???
LORENZO

Post by LORENZO »

Personally I would go for Rooney.
Will not cost as much as Barrett so we could, perhaps, get one or two more quality players to go alonside.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

LORENZO wrote:Personally I would go for Rooney.

We dont want anyone who will stop Sam Tomkins coming through. Rooney is a good player but we dont need him.we need a player for 1-2 years thats all. someone with the class but whos only here for a 1-2 years. Lockyer for 2 seasons would be a great signing after that Tomkins will be totally ready.

Anyone name a young up and coming player who could say they have learned from class like barrett and lockyer.thats some priceless advice and tutoring he would have got.

We sign players like rooney,brough,maguire kiss goodbye to a young star who as talent to be better than all three IMO.