Is Barrett already on the plane?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Matthew

Is Barrett already on the plane?

Post by Matthew »

Does anybody else feel that Barrett is already (mentally) on the plane home? He didn't show a lot of passion tonight (at times I wasn't even sure that he was on the field) - not that many of our team did.

Maybe the his wife's unhappiness and his home life has unsettled his playing game?

After a slow start last year, Barrett really lead the team around the field in attack and was aggressive in defense. This season he has been indifferent to say the least. Whilst he has been injured; he doesn't seem half the player that he was the tail end of last year.

On his current form and his performance tonight; I don't think that we will miss this incarnation of Trent Barrett next season.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
nathan_rugby

Re: Is Barrett already on the ...

Post by nathan_rugby »

We arnt going to win the league so may aswell release him early and stick coyle or tompkins in there.

If we cant beat the best - saints, leeds and bradford then we cant beat the best.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

nathan_rugby wrote:We arnt going to win the league so may aswell release him early and stick coyle or tompkins in there.

If we cant beat the best - saints, leeds and bradford then we cant beat the best.
We've already beaten Leeds & Bradford...
turf

Post by turf »

He might as well be on the plane as his mind is clearly not on playing for Wigan.
sudokuwarrior

Post by sudokuwarrior »

How about the the Wigan-Warriors faithful club together and buy him his ticket to go with immediate effect.
The futures Brett, The future's orange!!!

2007- A fan-tash-tic season!!!!!!!
willie c

Post by willie c »

i think he is ready to go and would be surpised if he does stay to the end of this season but i would like to wish him and his family the best of luck for the future what ever he does
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

sudokuwarrior wrote:How about the the Wigan-Warriors faithful club together and buy him his ticket to go with immediate effect.
How about he has had enough out of the club and he pays for it himself! :D

Whichever NRL club he goes to should be paying us a transfer fee of some sort - they can pay for his plane ticket - unless he wants to travel surface freight!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
sudokuwarrior

Post by sudokuwarrior »

Matthew wrote:
sudokuwarrior wrote:How about the the Wigan-Warriors faithful club together and buy him his ticket to go with immediate effect.
How about he has had enough out of the club and he pays for it himself! :D

Whichever NRL club he goes to should be paying us a transfer fee of some sort - they can pay for his plane ticket - unless he wants to travel surface freight!
I meant just so we could get rid of him as soon as possible!!
The futures Brett, The future's orange!!!

2007- A fan-tash-tic season!!!!!!!
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Answer to the thread title
HE MIGHT AS WELL BE.
turf

Post by turf »

jaws1 wrote:Answer to the thread title
HE MIGHT AS WELL BE.
More or less what I said jaws1!! :D :D