why are so many players injured

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
heydude

why are so many players injured

Post by heydude »

it's amazing how many players are injured not just in the wigan team but quite a few other teams as well some say it's due to the weather but players played in these conditions (and worse) in the past when it was a winter sport.
don't eat yellow snow
wolftown warrior

Re: why are so many players in...

Post by wolftown warrior »

it is a contact sport mate.. no amount of training can prepare for the phyisicality of our or any sport really, during actual game time.. & alot of injuires come from stupid little things that you wouldn`t think could do so much harm..
plus the players in superleague are finely tuned machines now.. look & tickle & hock.. they can`t have more than 8% body fat between em..

tough blow losing hock.. started the season really well..
heydude

Re: why are so many player...

Post by heydude »

i know it's a contact sport but it was in the past but a lot of these injurys are knee or ankle, i should have been a lot clearer on the first post, could it be the pitch with a lot of grounds now sharing with football the grass has to be cut alot shorter and with constant use all year round the pitches are not what you could call 100%.
don't eat yellow snow
wolftown warrior

Re: why are so many player...

Post by wolftown warrior »

mmmm.. could be.. i do see your point more now.. i just think personally it is down to the modern athlete.. & the way they are trained/ diet etc.. any kinda tweek can put em out.. i am not however saying that is the case with hock.. he is a bit more serious..