'the management'

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
trotski_tgwu

Re: 'the management'

Post by trotski_tgwu »

waterside glens posted:
what we need is a bit of good luck for a change and a good ref
Yes waterside m8 what we need is the luck of the Irish Throw a few Leprecaurns over to Wigan to be sure :eusa1:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

thegimble

Post by thegimble »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:angry: :angry: Is it only me, I think we need some direction I don't rate Betts at all, we are losing our best players, while the Latics are buying in Internationals to help them into the premier league, a further belittle our standing in the town. Lyndsey is a waste of space, he's lost the plot, what are we going to do when we lose to widnes on sun ?
If as he says on the bottom we lose to Widnes how many of you who have replied will agree with him. Betts has done a good job but so had Endacott, Monie, Raper and Gregory these are our coaches since 98 and in those years after weve won 1 trophy. We chnage coaches far too often ok Raper was going home. And Gregory was ill.

We seem to have a problem in the club we can all guess what it is but it might be player power. Endacott had a bad run and then the club wanted someone else in.

Look at Saints in the last 8 years they have had 3 coaches and the Bulls have had 2. Look at Saints the keep Millward through the tough times we change when we start going on a bad run.

The club needs consistancy at the coaching level. Ive a feeling that Chris Anderson will be there before the end of this season. As we will struggle to get into the top 6 and that is not good enough.

I feel sorry for Betts as he has done an exceptional job with the shit he has had to put up with from the injuries we have and the crap that Faz is doing by going to union. Betts is in a no win situation now. Faz leaving is a huge blow but Betts will feel it more than anyother person at the club. And yes Faz is as responsible for this as Mo is or Whealen.
ste36

Post by ste36 »

Fraggle posted:
heydude posted:
ok look had this kind of argument for two days now we see whelan in a different light we can't change each others mind so i'm calling quits on this subject
No probs, we're both stuck in our opinions as you say. I dare say you're probably right, but I like to think the club isn't so badly mismanaged even if the evidence sometimes doesn't justify my confidence!
Fraggle posted:
heydude posted:
ok look had this kind of argument for two days now we see whelan in a different light we can't change each others mind so i'm calling quits on this subject
No probs, we're both stuck in our opinions as you say. I dare say you're probably right, but I like to think the club isn't so badly mismanaged even if the evidence sometimes doesn't justify my confidence!

there isn t 1 team in super league that we will find easy wait for leigh
NTA1

Post by NTA1 »

:eusa9: :eusa11:
What is wrong with everyone? Every time we lose a few games, straight away, people are calling for the head of the Coach. I am sorry, but Betts is a very good coach who has the respect of all the players, even that of Farrell and that is some task I bet!

We are only a few games in and fans who think they know the game are calling for the executioner already. Ok, who are we going to get that is better and will have the respect of the players??

Its about time some fans looked up what is happening at the club, with players, injuries, moves etc and then sit back and think the coach is not as bad as first thought :exc:
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

NTA1 posted:

What is wrong with everyone? Every time we lose a few games, straight away, people are calling for the head of the Coach. I am sorry, but Betts is a very good coach who has the respect of all the players, even that of Farrell and that is some task I bet!

We are only a few games in and fans who think they know the game are calling for the executioner already. Ok, who are we going to get that is better and will have the respect of the players??

Its about time some fans looked up what is happening at the club, with players, injuries, moves etc and then sit back and think the coach is not as bad as first thought :exc:
:

well said mate :eusa2:
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

NTA1 posted:

Ive never said i want Betts changed i said that there is a habit of changing coaches at the club. Even succesful coaches have been sacked.

Amazing how people read what they want in a message.