Nice to see the players care!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
OJ

Re: Nice to see the players ca...

Post by OJ »

They're professional sportsmen but first and foremost they are human beings so of course they will care but grinding them into the ground with extra training will not make the situation any better in fact it would probably make things worse. I can understand everyone's frustration, I live in Warrington and after Huddersfield snatched defeat from the jaws of victory and threw their game away on Saturday I've had to put up with all the crowing which went to another level after we got humiliated but that's the way things are in sport and anyone who has been involved in playing any sport to any sort of decent standard will know that days like this just have to be tolerated. Granted we have had too many in recent times but it wont always be bad and days like the play off game at Odsal last year will put the smile back on our faces again. We can all winge and moan but it happened and we have to move on - they do need to have more pride in the shirt, play for one another and commit themselves totally to the task in hand but I don't believe for one minute that they don't care.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

The fact is, the players can do what they like on their day off. If they want to go to a nice eatery with a few friends and have a drink, they're entitled to it.

Some statements are a bit OTT
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

ancientnloyal wrote:The fact is, the players can do what they like on their day off. If they want to go to a nice eatery with a few friends and have a drink, they're entitled to it.

Some statements are a bit OTT
I am with you A+: (for a change).

If Noble has given players time off, then they are entitled to spend that, however they so wish. As long as it cannot be construed as interfering with there performances - in which case, the coach and chairman will have to look at the professionalism of their own decisions.

If this was a random night out without regard or permittance - they should be admonished and possibly punished with a fine (if possible - but I doubt that). It is strange, that in Australia, players are sometimes even "sacked" for such offences
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
willie c

Post by willie c »

ancientnloyal wrote:It wouldn't make sense to spend a whole week at orrell for the simple reason of keeping a few fans happy to 'show they care'. They are entitled to do whatever they like on their days off and the club have a set up of training regimes/days.

If you saw Tim Henman get trounced by Federer 6-0 6-0 6-0 in the pub next day would you have a go at him?
maybe not but we doent pay henmans wages
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

And if you're a teacher or policeman, and saw them in the pub after work having a drink, would you be so mad as to voice your concern on NASUWT message forums?

We pay their wages, its the same. Some people are weird
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Onebigfeka

Post by Onebigfeka »

Not exactley on the lash were they a few beers on a bank holiday monday,Get real they are entitled to a bit of time off.
I drownded my sorrows :D
24hrs in a day
24 cans in a case
coincidence?
i think not
pedro

Post by pedro »

I must admit I woulod have had them in training. I would also ban them from drinking as we need a change in something and maybe too mjuch of the high life isnt helping.