wigan target Lockyer

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

wigan target Lockyer

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Matthew

Re: wigan target Lockyer

Post by Matthew »

Doesn't Australia have it's own pension system?

We may as well just have a bonfire with the salary cap money in the car park at the JJB - rather than sign a player who's knee reconstruction has not taken and needs yet more surgery.

We should be looking for a future star that we can bring to our club and develop alongside our team; rather than paying a king's ransom to a player who has ignored us when he was in something approaching his prime and now sees us as a retirement package. Lockyer will not play full seasons in his last couple of years as a player and whilst the merchandising will be good for the club's bank balance; he won't do us much good sat in the stands with his knee in plaster.

Whilst Barrett was a huge success last year; he has yet to preform this year and what will be his legacy at the JJB? One good season?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
RJ

Post by RJ »

Reminds me of the old war time slogan, oversexed,overpaid and over here.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

Matthew wrote:Doesn't Australia have it's own pension system?

We may as well just have a bonfire with the salary cap money in the car park at the JJB - rather than sign a player who's knee reconstruction has not taken and needs yet more surgery.

We should be looking for a future star that we can bring to our club and develop alongside our team; rather than paying a king's ransom to a player who has ignored us when he was in something approaching his prime and now sees us as a retirement package. Lockyer will not play full seasons in his last couple of years as a player and whilst the merchandising will be good for the club's bank balance; he won't do us much good sat in the stands with his knee in plaster.

Whilst Barrett was a huge success last year; he has yet to preform this year and what will be his legacy at the JJB? One good season?
was thinking the same,What way will Barrett be remembered? A one season wonder?
sma1ex

Post by sma1ex »

Stuff Lockyer. Lets try and approach Brough now we have lost dobson and get someone for the franchise for the first three years, any thoughts?
pedro

Post by pedro »

We need a stop gap for Tomkins.....Someone with 1-2 years left in them
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

pedro wrote:We need a stop gap for Tomkins.....Someone with 1-2 years left in them
Considering Lockyer is about to have yet more surgery on his knee - which was reconstructed last year; I don't think that Lockyer has a full season left him; much less two.

It's no good if half the salary cap is sat in the stands.

If Lockyer was 27 or 28 we would jump at it; as it is, he is nearly finished and can't continue in the NRL - so he thinks he can get a pay rise and come to the UK.

I was hoping that the days of us offering huge contracts to aging Aussies were gone. Lockyer won't come here unless he gets a kings ransom and he's not worth it at this stage in his career
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
sheepdip

Post by sheepdip »

Matthew wrote:Doesn't Australia have it's own pension system?

Good Comment
Wigan must be wanting their money's worth out of their BUPA plan. Better hire a wheelchair now
"A STRONG LEEDS IS GOOD FOR THE GAME" (Gratian, H 2006)
Dawn O

Post by Dawn O »

You will not believe me when I say this but my boyf and a few of his mates have somehow managed to add a certain wigan target on facebook who keeps changing his status from dont ask me where I am playing next year - then it was seriously thinking about wigan and now finally its wigan here I come!!!!

One of my friends PM him and he said IL is meeting up with him on friday and trying to sort it for him to come over sooner rather than later.
100% Warrior

Re: Wigan target Lockyer

Post by 100% Warrior »

Would have to liked to sign a fully fit Lockyer but his recent injury problems have been well documented.

Thanks, but no thanks. We need a stand off who will be staying for longer for 1 or 2 seasons.