appology from the club

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: appology from the club

Post by pedro »

Please god be Bailey.....
pedro

Post by pedro »

Oh I forgot Mathers
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

the-Bowtun-Warr ior wrote:
jaws1 wrote:IL told my mate who went there are 4 players who played today apart from Barrett in the dressing room who will not be given new contracts next season .
calderwood, higham, Fielden....?

who else? take your pick!
Not Fielden. He says: "new contracts"; that's different to paying off existing ones.

The only 4 who come off contract this year (apart from Barrett) are Higham, Calderwood, O'Carroll & Colbon...and possibly Coyle, not sure about him.

We've got 2.5 more years of Fielden (till end of 2010) and I don't see how we can afford to pay him off (and no other club is likely to pick up his contract).
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

How about Noble !!11
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jolleymike wrote:
all i can say is that i have sent a number of emails to the club on other occasions and received no reply (under the old regime) so it makes a welcome change for the club to reply.
I wrote to the club on a couple of occasions under the old regime and got replies from Mo himself.

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jaws1 wrote:IL told my mate who went there are 4 players who played today apart from Barrett in the dressing room who will not be given new contracts next season .
I find it strange such sensitive information would be given out to a random supporter by our chairman who seems to be one who wants to do things by the book rather than the back door and rumour mill (even the Higham/Newton thing was down to McNamara leaking the discussions, not IL).

But if this information is correct as Geoff said the only four players off contract are Colbon, Calderwood, Higham and O'Carroll (and not sure about Coyle).

Unfortunately with S Tomkins and Flanagan having new contracts announced but no mention of O'Carroll it is looking bad for him. I would be disappointed if he is let go. He runs the ball in hard which is more than Fielden and Coley do and is surely worth a deal similar to Goulding's and Prescott's (which I think are two years) to see how he develops.

O'Carroll has done really well for a young prop and if an off-form Lockers can get a four year deal and Goulding who is leaking tries like a sieve two, then letting one of the few young players who has done little wrong go is IMO a mistake.

Of the others, Calderwood is the only senior player we have with any pace and the side lacks pace.

Colbon just isn't good enough as a big type of winger and is too slow to be a speedster so I'd actually be disappointed if the club spent salary cap money on him however small an amount. Use his wage to improve O'Carroll's contract.

Higham seems certain to leave and I think what I expected to be a good season from him was undermined by McNamara leaking the discussions about Newton and of course the fact it transpired those discussions did take place.

Coyle seems way off the required level to me for SL so if off contract I would not be surprised to see him let go.

Dave
sudokuwarrior

Post by sudokuwarrior »

Do the words "wait until we get the new players for next season then watch us go" not sound very familiar? We seem to have heard them for the last few years and we are still waiting.
The futures Brett, The future's orange!!!

2007- A fan-tash-tic season!!!!!!!
luke_robinsons_angel

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

Nobby talks O'Carroll up, but that means naff all at wigan these days, would be a shame to see him go, he is a cracking player.
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

I agree sent the club loads of e mails and never got any replies , don`t bother doing it anymore
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

If the top players/those earning very good money were playing well and earning it then some of our youngsters would look far far better.

Personally, our owner wandering around Cardiff with the Saints head honcho having a joke and a pint after such a debacle does nothing whatsoever for me. Not sure many of us felt in such a mood after what we saw.