how can hkr afford this

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jammie

how can hkr afford this

Post by jammie »

apparently hkr are also wanting lockyer,how the hell are they affording all these players unless they are playing for nothing i think they signed 14 players last season,now dobson and they are still not finished.hope there accounts balance or someone has got there sums horribly wrong
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

josie andrews

Re: how can hkr afford this

Post by josie andrews »

Apparently (someone told me this) that Wigan wouldn't pay the amount Dobsons agent requested, as their argument was that he couldn't get a permanent place in the first team at Canberra. :conf:

I think the same was said about Chev Walker they were asking too much.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

josie andrews wrote:Apparently (someone told me this) that Wigan wouldn't pay the amount Dobsons agent requested, as their argument was that he couldn't get a permanent place in the first team at Canberra. :conf:

If true, then good! I hope the days of paying over the odds have gone now.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

GeoffN wrote:
josie andrews wrote:Apparently (someone told me this) that Wigan wouldn't pay the amount Dobsons agent requested, as their argument was that he couldn't get a permanent place in the first team at Canberra. :conf:

If true, then good! I hope the days of paying over the odds have gone now.
Thats why Mathers contract was negotiated the way it was. He is no fool is our Mr Lenegan :)
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

can some 1 tell me what as happend to websters contract as it be paid up in full?????
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

mike binder wrote:can some 1 tell me what as happend to websters contract as it be paid up in full?????
I was wondering about that? Surely they can't have just sacked him, he's done nothing wrong. How is the so called "Live" salary cap montored? Any Ideas anyone?
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

exile in Tiger country wrote:
mike binder wrote:can some 1 tell me what as happend to websters contract as it be paid up in full?????
I was wondering about that? Surely they can't have just sacked him, he's done nothing wrong. How is the so called "Live" salary cap montored? Any Ideas anyone?
They have just paid him off I think, but won't it be from the insurance as he is not fit to play anymore this season, and his contract is up then anyway :doz:
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Wouldn't the insurance company paying up, only cover permanent injury from the game, instead of the 3-4 months being rumoured by Hull KR themselves?

Otherwise, what's to stop any club deregistering players as "injured", then sign a replacement, under the knowledge that an insurer has paid the wage - not the club. :doz:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

WE have a de-registered player on our books who doesn't count on the cap - Karl Pryce.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
pedro

Post by pedro »

Id sign him in a flash best scrum half I have seen in a while......hes hammered us everytime hes played against us and now hes clubless maybe oick him up for a snip and hes 28.