todays score

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Re: todays score

Post by GeoffN »

Scrappy first half, not helped by a whistle-happy ref, but settled down better second half. Good go forward from Guisset, but I thought both Seuseu and Scully were disappointing. Looked better when Brown came on for Orr, and Godwin was lively when he was on.
Their best players? O'Connor and Cassidy (he got the MOTM at the ground)!
Still think Rads is not right as captain - seemed to be Moran doing most of the talking. Lockers not up to his usual standard, especially his kicking game. Too many kicks went straight to some old 'has been' called Connolly!
Overall though, given the continuing injury saga, happy with the win!
Nice to see our old boys come over at the end and get a cheer. (although Newton looked pleased when we were chanting 'Terry, Terry')
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

GeoffN posted:
Scrappy first half, not helped by a whistle-happy ref, but settled down better second half. Good go forward from Guisset, but I thought both Seuseu and Scully were disappointing. Looked better when Brown came on for Orr, and Godwin was lively when he was on.
Their best players? O'Connor and Cassidy (he got the MOTM at the ground)!
Still think Rads is not right as captain - seemed to be Moran doing most of the talking. Lockers not up to his usual standard, especially his kicking game. Too many kicks went straight to some old 'has been' called Connolly!
Overall though, given the continuing injury saga, happy with the win!
Nice to see our old boys come over at the end and get a cheer. (although Newton looked pleased when we were chanting 'Terry, Terry')
Its hard for a full back to be a leader on the pitch. Not often you hace a full back as a captain.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

To me rads didnt seem like he knew what to do after talking to the ref he'd just wak away and look up as if waiting for a message lol, i can understand rads has been there for a long time and seems right to give him the captaincy but hes in the wrong position for it to work.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Cleveland Pieman

Post by Cleveland Pieman »

trotski_tgwu posted:
Waterside Glens i listened to it on BBC GMR & they had a Stains guy co-commentating so glad we won that must have wiped the smile of his face. Commentry was totally anti Wigan But we dont care.
the Saints guy was Mark Edmondson. One of his gems being "wouldn't it be great if Widnes can come back and win"

and also

"its always good to beat Wigan"

who is smiling now?

:lol: [/quote]
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Denis betts!
The Black Pearl

Post by The Black Pearl »

I think we stilled looked like we are lacking that little bit of extra quality. But who cares we won bring on the Bronco's and then the Lobby Gobblers.
Pain is temporary pride is forever
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I think we played better against bradford last week (apart form the last 10mins)
Moore_115

Post by Moore_115 »

trotski_tgwu posted:
FULL TIME SCORE

Vikings 20 WIGAN WARRIORS 32

A Very good game the lads finnished strong for a good win. Not before time

WELL DONE LADS :eusa2: :eusa3: :D
How comes the home page says we lost 32 - 20 when we won - 32 -20????????? :conf:
Every thing is funny as long as it is happening to someone else.
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

you can find bbc gmr on 95.1 fm i do believe
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I don't see the captaincy as detracting from his own game, he's always one of our best players. I do think, though, that he doesn't get talking to the team often enough, partly because of his position, but lots of fans noticed that Rads wasn't doing much talking after the Widnes tries - Moran seemed to be doing most of that.
Not sure of an alternative, though. Newton, if he was less *volatile*? Not Lockers, yet, but in a year or two, yes. Moran hasn't been with us long enough, same for Orr. Tickle? maybe.