Todays Match...what do you all think?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Re: Todays Match...what do...

Post by mrs_carney »

Godwin and newton are both quality players in their own respects, newton just edges godwin out in some areas, newtons discipline is quite bad at the moment but as well the refs are looking at him more than they have before.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
MrsLam

Re: Todays Match...what do...

Post by MrsLam »

It was worrying to watch Widnes near their own line, we were coming out far too quickly and leaving massive gaps, that's got to be sorted it lost us the match last week. We're also looking weak under the high balls mostly on the last tackle, (excluding Kris obviously!) More practice needed there for all the backs I think.
We did really well coming back from being down, I'm very proud of the lads but I think the fans were more inspiring captains than Rads. He literally shrugged after one of their tries, that's not what the team need to see. Someone needs to really get stuck into them. My friend is ascouser, saints fan whatever and she said even though Wellens was not captain on Fri night he was going absolutely crazy at the team because that was his way of showing his passion and want to win. I know Kris is passionate but he thankfully is not an aggressive player, I really think captains need a certain amount of aggression in their tone.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!