WEBB AGREES NEW DEAL WITH RHINOS

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

WEBB AGREES NEW DEAL WITH RHINOS

Post by josie andrews »

World Champions Leeds Rhinos were handed a major boost ahead of the Carnegie Challenge Cup Quarter Final against Wigan Warriors this Saturday at Headingley Carnegie with the announcement that New Zealand international Brent Webb has agreed a new three year deal with the club.
Webb, who recently earned his 17th cap for the Kiwis, was due to be out of contract at the end of the current season but has now signed a three year extension that will keep him at Headingley Carnegie until at least the end of the 2011 season.
Commenting on the new deal Webb, 27, said, “Anyone who plays for Leeds Rhinos doesn’t want to leave if it is their choice. I am very happy to have agreed a new three year deal. My wife and I have settled in really well at the club and in the city of Leeds. This is a great club, I have great mates in the team and staying for the next three years is great for me.
”We have worked hard to come to an agreement and this deal will take me through until I am 30 and hopefully cover the prime of my career. I am always learning and trying to get better and I am looking forward to being here to see the young guys come through to become established first team players.[/quote]

http://www.leedsrugby.com/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: WEBB AGREES NEW DEAL WITH ...

Post by josie andrews »

Brian McClennan was the trump card Super League champions Leeds played in persuading full back Brent Webb to agree a new three-year deal on Thursday.

McClennan regards his fellow New Zealander as the ‘best full back in the world’ and Webb said: ‘Having Bluey as head coach was a massive factor. He has shown his commitment in wanting me to stay and that has given me the confidence to pledge my future to Leeds.

‘This is a great club and we have worked hard to come to an agreement. This deal will take me through until I am 30 and hopefully cover the prime of my career.’

Webb would have been out of contract at the end of the year, his second at Leeds, and fans feared he might return to Australia.

Clearly McClennan’s appointment, renewing their partnership when New Zealand won the 2005 Tri-Nations championship, has paid off.

And the timing is perfect with Leeds, already world club champions, preparing to face Wigan in a Carnegie Challenge Cup quarter-final at Headingley on Saturday..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyl ... Leeds.html
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan