BRIAN McCLENNAN has warned his Leeds players not to freak themselves out with the past.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

BRIAN McCLENNAN has warned his Leeds players not to freak themselves out with the past.

Post by josie andrews »

Saturday's Challenge Cup quarter final at Headingley puts them head-to-head with Wigan - the team that ended their Cup dream last year.

Wigan have also already beaten the Rhinos at Headingley in Super League this season, the only team to achieve that feat.

But McClennan insists the double whammy has absolutely no bearing at all on the knockout clash.

He said: “What’s the point of looking back at those results?

"I don’t believe in getting motivated by revenge - I can’t see the point in it.

“We were disappointed with our performance the last time we played Wigan and that’s what we’ve got to put right.

“We need to look at ways to improve our performance, rather than think about getting revenge.”

Leeds have lost just twice this season, with their other defeat coming at Castleford, and lead Super League by six points.

Just one defeat in the last 12 games makes them favourites to beat Brian Noble’s Warriors.

But McClennan added: “I am not interested too much in the table.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... y%20League
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
turf

Re: BRIAN McCLENNAN has warned his Leeds players not to freak themselves out with the past.

Post by turf »

I know he has said that but they'll have a full strength squad for us tomorrow and will be 100% fired up.

We'd better be ready
josie andrews

Re: BRIAN McCLENNAN has warned his Leeds players not to freak themselves out with the past.

Post by josie andrews »

We'll be ready Turfy :cool: :roll: :roll:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan