Re: Wigan, Huddersfield: Unknown

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
rugbynelly

Re: Wigan, Huddersfield: Unknown

Post by rugbynelly »

hello all the fans that turned out 2nitye i personally think that attendance was ***** 4 the 1st home game whats worse the team were **** aswell we wont beat swinton if we play like that or london u mite aswell put our under 14's scholarship team out(im on it!)
have fun
neil
theres only 1 team in wigan
rach15

Re: Wigan 35, Huddersfield 22

Post by rach15 »

cum on wigan we can do loadz beta dan dat!!
da ref wuz crap las nite i cant believe e gave the giants there first try e didnt ground it propa and e knoked on there shud b a video ref wever its on skysports or not coz if it went 2 da vid ref las nite it wudnt ov bin given!! I fought dat sean o'loughlin and danny tickle played gud and showed wot ded gud young talent we av cummin through!!
O'loughlins number 1 fan!!
John M

speech problem??

Post by John M »

Rach do you have a problem with your speech or something?

Anyway,Huddersfields first try did look like he bounced the ball down rather than placed it down,but the ref did not affect our concentration in defence did he? We played woefull.I thought the only players who could hold their heads up after last nights game where Danny Sculthorpe,Kris Radlinski and our two wingers Dallas and Carney.I thought O'Loughlin was crap as was Wild and Tickle wasnt that much better either.Bibey also tried hard as did Hock when he came on.

Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!
rach15

reply to johns message

Post by rach15 »

fine john i'll write like this for you its just quicker writin in the text message way!!
how can you say that locky played crap when he scored the first try and danny tickle won man of the match? i know our wingers played well and so did scully and rads, i never said that they didn't and i know you can't blame the ref totally and i know that we didn't play to our full potential but the ref made some rubbish decisions on friday night!
O'loughlins number 1 fan!!
DaveO

Second row problems

Post by DaveO »

Personally I thought MoM should have gone to Carney or Sculthorpe. Why Tickle got it I don't know and you have to do more than score a try to have a good 80 mins.

I might not call Wilde crap but the second row as a whole was far too ineffective to leave me with anything other than concern for the season ahead.

If it was because they had an off-night, fair enough but I suspect its because they just are not big enough. Hudds are poor and if we had played anyone else (and I mean anyone) and played like that we would have lost and if it was v a top four side we might have had to open up the history books to look for a record defeat. A big side would have murdered us on that performance.

I have always said Farrell should play at loose forward because he is the best in that position at the club by a mile. And he is.

But that assumed we had a couple of decent second rowers in front of him.

With Furner gone unless there is a dramtic improvement in the kids playing second row we are going to have to play Farrell there, especially if Cassidy is injured. Not because he is better there, but because there is no alternative.

Dave
Fraggle

not very good

Post by Fraggle »

Rach15, thanks for agreeing to type in English, some of us older folk don't speak txt and in any case this is a computer system, not a mobile phone.

But to the point, we were dreadful on Friday in my opinion. This was my first match of the year and it was not at all good to watch. Yes the referee and especially that bald touchjudge were inconsistent and not good enough, but as John says they didn't cause our players to be so bad, especially in defence.

I'd agree with Sculthorpe, Carney or Dallas getting MoM, they at least showed lots of passion and willingness to get involved and go forward, Hodgeson didn't look too bad either (took his try very well). O'Laughlan won me £9 for first try scorer but that was his only really impressive moment. The pack generally looked poor, the halfbacks didn't gell and Ainscough seemed to have reverted back to early last year with that pointless kick plus appalling defence. I remember being trained for my one and only ever game of rl that there is no point having a defensive line if one man runs out of that line, yet Jamie did this on several occasions, tried a one-armed grab at the player with the ball and unsurprisingly missed his man. If a complete novice like me understands this then he's got no excuse.

I'll have to miss the Swinton game because of work, and whilst we shouldn't have any problems with that fixture, I'm certain we'll need to do better against the rest of superleague. I can see it being a very long season...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
wolftown warrior

Re: Wigan 33, Huddersfield 22

Post by wolftown warrior »

This was my first time to the JJb, so as for attendence, i honestly couldn`t say if it was good or bad, but sitting in the south stand, there was a good loud atmos,

i have to agree with most of the posts on here, that our concetration was lacking at times & comitment wasn`t there enough from the players,
thought dallas & radlinski played well... the later especially on defence,

i also believe that we are gonna struggle this year against the other top 6 teams, & may find it hard to make the play offs.

however, it was well worth my trip up from the midlands, & i will definatly be coming back up for the challenge cup & london matches!

also for there part i felt huddersfiels played real well, & i have a feeling that they are gonna upset some people this year!

out of curiosity, WHERE do u obtain matchday programmes from as, i was unable to get one last friday!!!

looking forward to the season ahead!