Re: Is the Grand final taking over the challenge cup?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

i thought that about the leeds crowd yesterday then the crowd at bratfud today!

i fear it may be overtaking the CC!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

yes
shawcross da warrior

Re: Is the Grand final taking ...

Post by shawcross da warrior »

i hope not....

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Because the RFL let the tv companies decide what they show and when. They are very weak I feel in promoting and selling our game.
I remember when the CC was immense and the BBC gave it a lot of exposure. The final was played at the end of April and the rounds didn't have such a big gap between them.
Now everything is pushed towards the end of the season. Why? This is the only sport where you will get supporters from all teams at a final (or MM) and because of the economic climate I feel people are struggling to get to two finals so close together. This year they have moved the CC final back a week to the last weekend in August Why?

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote:Because the RFL let the tv companies decide what they show and when. They are very weak I feel in promoting and selling our game.
I remember when the CC was immense and the BBC gave it a lot of exposure. The final was played at the end of April and the rounds didn't have such a big gap between them.
Now everything is pushed towards the end of the season. Why? This is the only sport where you will get supporters from all teams at a final (or MM) and because of the economic climate I feel people are struggling to get to two finals so close together. This year they have moved the CC final back a week to the last weekend in August Why?
Agreed

also the summer era has ruined Rugby/International Rugby, the league is full of namby pamby soft buggers who are scared of the cold, the players of today are not even a patch on the players 12 years back
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote:
josie andrews wrote:Because the RFL let the tv companies decide what they show and when. They are very weak I feel in promoting and selling our game.
Agreed

also the summer era has ruined Rugby/International Rugby, the league is full of namby pamby soft buggers who are scared of the cold, the players of today are not even a patch on the players 12 years back
Very true :) I used to like freezing to death and huddling up, to strangers sometimes, to keep warm :lol:
But seriously though, we are treated as a minority sport, and it is all down to the RFL they are bloody pushovers and kowtow to the BBC and Sky instead of demanding more and better coverage. (I'm sure Sentanta would love to show all our games) :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

josie andrews wrote:
medlocke wrote:
Agreed

Very true :) I used to like freezing to death and huddling up, to strangers sometimes, to keep warm :lol:
But seriously though, we are treated as a minority sport, and it is all down to the RFL they are bloody pushovers and kowtow to the BBC and Sky instead of demanding more and better coverage. (I'm sure Sentanta would love to show all our games) :wink:
Id luv Setanta to show all the games as i get it on virgin media for nowt :D :D :lol:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

The BBC are a disgrace and should have the rights taken off them. They have no interest in promoting the game at all. For example. Watching the 8:30am news report this morning they usually have 10-15 mins of sports reporting. This morning the first piece was all about Dallaligo and the Guniness match, followed by everything else under the sun and the report ended "and Leeds beat Wigan in the CC and there are 3 more ties today", no footage no report bugger all .Pathetic. Tonight on the main bulletin they showed a try from the barbarians match for gods sake even though the coverage was from sky and didn't even mention the match that they had shown earlier on on bbc2.

Rant over :conf:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Novelty is not wearing off! I would rather go to Wembley in the Cup than go to a Grand Final. Everytime.

Now, our situation is that the GF is all we have to aim for and it's harder to get there if you finish outside the top 2.

FDor many fans paying an extra £15 before summer or any other time can be costly... £50 a family? The novelty hasnt worn off but if someone's team gets to a semi/ wembley, the fans will turn up.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Wakey 2,966
KR 8,304
Leeds 10,129