MOGG EXTENDS CATALANS STAY

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

MOGG EXTENDS CATALANS STAY

Post by josie andrews »

Catalans Dragons centre Adam Mogg has signed a new three-year contract which will see him end his career in the south of France.

The announcement shatters speculation linking the former Canberra and New South Wales player with a move to England or a switch of codes.

"This is a major announcement for the club," said Dragons general manager Christophe Levy.

"Adam is arguably our best player and has been courted by many English Super League clubs as well as French rugby union.

"It is great that he stays in the game and even better with us. Adam has been very happy since his arrival at Catalans in 2007 and he did not want to leave the club now.

"It is great news for the fans, sponsors and young French players coming trough to have such a quality player involved at the club."

Mogg, who will turn 31 next month, has been one of the outstanding players in Super League over the last two seasons and played a key role in the Catalans' run to last year's Challenge Cup final.

"I'm delighted to have taken this decision," he said. "I'm very happy in Perpignan.

"The club has been very good and gave me permission to look around, putting no pressure on me at all.
http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... alans.html
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan