wigan v leigh possible crowd trouble ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Spartak_Warrior

wigan v leigh possible crowd trouble ?

Post by Spartak_Warrior »

Am hearing lots a nasty rumours of posiible crowd disorder when we play the lobby gobblers. Lets hope common sense prevails. Anyone else worried?
proud_pie_eater

Re: wigan v leigh possible cro...

Post by proud_pie_eater »

After what happened last time we played I think there will be trouble, also if everyone goes for the same bus and in the same direction going home, I think there will be mass fighting, police presence has been requested so hopefully it shouldnt be too bad!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
mike binder

Re: wigan v leigh possible...

Post by mike binder »

interesting never been any trouble a jjb if there is u can only blame 1 lot of fans so maybe they will have 2 be sent back where they came from :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
chloe

Re: wigan v leigh possible cro...

Post by chloe »

like proud pie eater mentioned there will be police presence or it has been requested so trouble will be prevented. I am not worried.....if anyone should be worried it should be leigh...worrying by how many points we will nil them!!??!! :D :wink:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

proud_pie_eater posted:
I think there will be mass fighting
Not sure the church would be happy at violence during a service...

:cool:
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

proud_pie_eater posted:
After what happened last time we played I think there will be trouble, also if everyone goes for the same bus and in the same direction going home, I think there will be mass fighting,
Why? there'll be plenty room left on the bus even if all their fans go on it.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

I'd be amazed if there weren't any trouble. I know their home gates are poor but plenty of folk from Leigh will turn up for their one and only crack at the JJB. GeoffN seems to think otherwise - I hope he's right but I don't think so
penhead

Post by penhead »

if theres gonna be trouble it will be in leigh i fink anywayzzzz
rugbyh8ter

Post by rugbyh8ter »

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

rugbyh8ter posted:
have a look @ this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 58-2336657
Why don't you have a look yourself and read the synopisis which says:

"This book is one man's story of life as a Rugby League hooligan in those days. Following his introduction to the world of organised violence at an early age, it takes in his travels round the Rugby League community and the shocking incidents that occurred along the way. It honestly and graphically describes what used to go on, why he was involved in it and, equally as importantly, why he stopped getting involved and how the violence eventually died out

I detect a few Latics trolls trying to talk up some violence but rugbyh8ter, you have made yourself look a complete fool by posting this link.

Violence going on today in socccer is what has led to the dispute betwen Whelan and the police. The best you san do is come up with some idiots attempt to paint the game in a bad light due to events long gone. You also fail to grasp the idea that just because someone says this is what happened that it actually did!

My Dad is in his late seventies and has followed Wigan RL since the thirties and if there is one thing he has never mentioned it is a problem with hooliganism.

That is firmly a feature of soccer.

Dave