We have all kept quiet long enough.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
we_need_a_coach

We have all kept quiet long enough.

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:conf: What is going on, no new signings even though our current squad are dropping like flies, challenge cup deadline now come and gone, references to us obtaining the services of another French noname. MO silent apart from the stadium policing row, which I believe he handled very badly on behalf of the town, (we certainly won't get any support from the football side from now on). Betts just rolling out the same old cliches, 'we would have the best .......but for injuries'. St Helens seem to be able to obtain new players, as do Leeds, Bradford, Hull etc (even Leigh).
On sunday we where losing untill late on and where very lucky not to lose ! And I can see us struggling against the Broncos at the weekend.
we need some positive action from the Management, otherwise our crowds will continue to be demoralised and dwindle even more.
We are awakening to the fact that we are no longer in the top 4 in Super League, NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
TomThumb

Re: We have all kept quiet lon...

Post by TomThumb »

SALARY CAP

At least 2 players on at least 250,000 a year, out of a budget of 1.8 million. you do the maths a make a squad of 20!!!! Times have chaged!!! get in the real world!!

I thought we were supposed to be supporters!!!!

The lads always have a bad start to the season!! just you wait, we will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season!!!

SING YOU HEARTS OUT, SING YOUR HEARTS OUT, SING YOUR HEARTS OUT FOR THE LADS!!!!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:conf: What is going on, no new signings even though our current squad are dropping like flies, challenge cup deadline now come and gone, references to us obtaining the services of another French noname. MO silent apart from the stadium policing row, which I believe he handled very badly on behalf of the town, (we certainly won't get any support from the football side from now on). Betts just rolling out the same old cliches, 'we would have the best .......but for injuries'. St Helens seem to be able to obtain new players, as do Leeds, Bradford, Hull etc (even Leigh).
On sunday we where losing untill late on and where very lucky not to lose ! And I can see us struggling against the Broncos at the weekend.
we need some positive action from the Management, otherwise our crowds will continue to be demoralised and dwindle even more.
We are awakening to the fact that we are no longer in the top 4 in Super League, NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
Well I don't thik things are good enough either but I will take issue with you over a couple of things.

The policung saga is literally nothing to do with Wigan RL as we don't employ police at the ground.

Singing players. Saints could sign Anderson because Michael Smith left. They had a slot on their 20/20 and space under the salary cap. They would not have been able to do it had Smith not left.

With Farrell still a Wigan player Wigan can't sign a replacement. I am sure that is why Whelan has set the deadline.

Dave
DaveO

Re: We have all kept quiet...

Post by DaveO »

TomThumb posted:
SALARY CAP
At least 2 players on at least 250,000 a year, out of a budget of 1.8 million. you do the maths a make a squad of 20!!!! Times have chaged!!! get in the real world!!
Which two players are these? Saints have Long and Sculthorpe and they are supposed to earn £200K a year each.

Dave
TomThumb

Post by TomThumb »

Dave, I was making the point that wigan have two players on at least 250,000 out of a budget of 1.8 million, and that the times when wigan could just go out and buy players straight away have gone due to the salary cap restrictions...
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

If its "singing players" you want Dave O how about a revenge raid on some of my countrymen? Now Welsh caps are harder to come by than they used to be, I'm sure there'll be a few ready to come "oop north". Is Paul Anderson in fact 'Angry' Anderson then?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaiJones posted:
If its "singing players" you want Dave O how about a revenge raid on some of my countrymen? Now Welsh caps are harder to come by than they used to be, I'm sure there'll be a few ready to come "oop north". Is Paul Anderson in fact 'Angry' Anderson then?
What i saw on Sat (Tsunami aid match) sign Bombo he was incredible the best and most exciting union player ive seen since Tuigamalla. Big enough for secon row with the pace of a winger.

Obviously we wont but we need cover now and im sorry to say if Faz is going he needs to be gone asap. Hopefully we will get quality in either second row or centre or stand off.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

TomThumb posted:
Dave, I was making the point that wigan have two players on at least 250,000 out of a budget of 1.8 million
Is this really true? Who are these two players? Given that's almost £100k/year more than Farrell's salary then perhaps that might explain his willingness to look at other alternatives. If an international captain, Man of Steel etc etc is paid so much less than some of his teammates then I can understand a bit of tension within the club.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

we_need_a_coach posted:
MO silent apart from the stadium policing row, which I believe he handled very badly on behalf of the town, (we certainly won't get any support from the football side from now on).
Why would we want any support from them? Do we care?
St Helens seem to be able to obtain new players, as do Leeds, Bradford, Hull etc (even Leigh).
We've released a player and brought one in. To bring in new players we have to release others. I'm getting bored of this, but who are you going to release to bring in these new players? And who are the new players you're going to bring in? Other clubs are also releasing players to bring in new ones, no-one's doing anything different.
What dwindling crowds? Season ticket sales continue to increaase, the South Stand has been made ticket-only due to high demand. I can't see any evidence of the fans deserting the club.
Evidence please. We finished 4th last season. That is a fact. Therefore we are in the top 4 in Super League. Ok, that isn't good enough, but your exaggerations are getting ridiculous.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TomThumb posted:
Dave, I was making the point that wigan have two players on at least 250,000
Which two players are these? I don't think we have two players on that sort of wage.

Dave