SMITH SIGNS FOR WIGAN!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ajsefc

SMITH SIGNS FOR WIGAN!!!

Post by ajsefc »

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... Wigan.html

Great stuff getting him here now to see if he settles in time for next season
'I have a good stand up wash in that sink once a week'
WxmWarrior

Re: SMITH SIGNS FOR WIGAN!!!

Post by WxmWarrior »

Another fantastic bit of business in my opinion.

We will have Phelps and smith busting a gut to get contracts next year and Smith, potentially a world class signing, gets some time under the stewardship of Bazza for the remainder of the season.

Riddel coming over will give him further support and strengthen our squad considerably.

Throw in a winger and we're looking pretty good.

.....cue "the signing is a big risk / not of Wigan calibre" brigade... :wink:
"[img]http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7545 ... orsxt9.jpg[/img]"

"...try the veal, I'm here all week.."

Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Bear

Post by Bear »

Brilliant signing

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4L6lP26szQE

Fantastic :D

Barrett to loose now for the rest of the season untill lockers comes back
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Bear wrote:Barrett to loose now for the rest of the season untill lockers comes back
If Smith is any good and stays on the straight and narrow and we have Barrett at 13 why on earth would Lockers even get in the 17?

Hansen is as good stats-wise (and misses fewer tackles), Hock is a better 2nd row by a long way and so you would have to drop Barrett and I can't see that happening.

If Noble has any sense Lockers will have to wait until 2009 to get his 13 slot back when Barrett leaves.

Dave

Bear

Post by Bear »

If noble has any sense when lockers comes back he would drop Barrett and get used to life without him. any road time will tell
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

Good Signing???? Time will tell.

I think so he looks a good player. The Illness is an issue.

PERSONNEL I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM PLAY. IF HE CAME TO USE WITHOUT THE BAGAGE IT WOULD BE A GREAT SIGNING.

The imprssion i get is he is a bit unfit after not playing for 3 months and he needs to get his work permit. We may only see him in July hopefully he will be able to play Quins at home as his debu. I think the leeds and saints games may be to big for him to slot straight in. It may be we are getting him over now to see if he can cut it over here before next year. If he finds it hard this year wigan may say it ain't going to work and send him home just incase he decides to leave half way through next season.

Rookie of the year though this guy looks good and he is only young (23). I think any more signing for next year they will be a bit older like 28 ish. Our average age now is 22 or 23. once baz goes george, Baily, andy and stu will be most experenced.
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

"I am really looking forward to joining the Wigan Club and am grateful for the Warriors for giving me the opportunity to re-launch my playing career. My aim is to impress the management, coaching staff and fans and to win something with Wigan. My personal problems have been well documented but they are now behind me and I want to concentrate only on playing footy."

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news_full.asp?newsid=3938

Sounds like a good deal to me and a lot of people on here seem to be positive about his ability. Good stuff, look forward to seeing the lad pulling on the cherry & white.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Bear wrote:If noble has any sense when lockers comes back he would drop Barrett and get used to life without him. any road time will tell
I am sure Noble isn't daft enough to drop Barrett.

You play the best team you have regardless of where those players are next year.

The object of the exercise is to win things and if we do it this year with Barrett at 13 instead of Lockers then I will take the trophy thank you very much.

If he does as you suggest Noble should be sacked.

Dave