Tim Smith interview with Peter Stirling

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
dave t

Post by dave t »

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-au&brand=ninemsn&tab=m172
click link then top left video
josie andrews

Re: Tim Smith interview with Peter Stirling

Post by josie andrews »

Dave T Your link isn't working :conf:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Nine

Re: Tim Smith interview with P...

Post by Nine »

Squad number 18!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I thought that was a good interview :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

me too :)

eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

nice interesting words from tim smith. im looking forward to him coming here :D
IN WANE WE TRUST
Mr Sergent

Post by Mr Sergent »

I have been fairly disappointed to read some peoples negative comments regarding our last few signing and baffled as to what people want! It’s been said on a previous post Barrett IS the best in super league, and the best in Australia will rarely come over in their prime, this essentially make Barrett irreplaceable.

Tim Smith in my opinion is an awesome signing, a really good bit of business. If he gets over his personal problems he has the potential to be the best 7 in the world AND he is only 23. I would rather have Smith than Lockyer at this stage I their careers any day of the week.

My only concern after watching this interview is that we won’t be able to attract him to stay any longer than this season and next at the most. It does seem as though he maybe using Super League as a platform to show the NRL he is ready to return. However and again as previously stated Tomkins will be ready to take the torch in the even of this happening.
2D

Post by 2D »

Despite his baggage, it would seem he has a pretty good head on his shoulders. He knows his problem and seems pretty keen to push on through it.
Mr Sergent wrote: My only concern after watching this interview is that we won’t be able to attract him to stay any longer than this season and next at the most. It does seem as though he maybe using Super League as a platform to show the NRL he is ready to return. However and again as previously stated Tomkins will be ready to take the torch in the even of this happening.
I don't really approve of his attitude about going back to down under. Obviously he's a young lad and he wouldn't want to commit himself to anything, but can you really see him playing with the passion we expect from our players when his mind already seems set on moving away?

Yes we have Tomkins lining up but do we really want to be an advertising agency for players to get their careers back on track?

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

2D wrote: I don't really approve of his attitude about going back to down under. Obviously he's a young lad and he wouldn't want to commit himself to anything, but can you really see him playing with the passion we expect from our players when his mind already seems set on moving away?

Yes we have Tomkins lining up but do we really want to be an advertising agency for players to get their careers back on track?
Alternatively you could look at it that he will have to shine in SL to attract attention from any of the top NRL clubs (as Barrett has done) - so whilst he is here it is in his best interest to try his hardest. Also who knows what might happen when he gets here - he might decide he prefers it to down under
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

cracking interview...