DENISS BETTS PROBLEM

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: DENISS BETTS PROBLEM

Post by thegimble »

DaveO posted:
thegimble posted:
RFL has sent out a dangerous message. They could be liable if anyone gets hurt from one as the message sent by not suspending the player is the wrong one.
What they actually sent out was some letters to the Widnes players involved warning them about their tackling technique. :roll:
Betts priorites are for the club and players and he has just done what he believes what is correct.
It is the first time I have heard Betts complain about anything like this so I was surprised he did but it probably does therefore indicate a genuine concern.

If he turns into a Moaning Millward in the next few weeks then fair enough he will need to shut up but I think he can be let off this once!

Dave
Gosh they sent letters out can they even read down at the Vikings. They must be worried knowing that a letter is on its way.
DaveO

Re: DENNIS BETTS PROBLEM

Post by DaveO »

robjoenz posted:
Despite what Dennis has said it is quite worrying to me that nearly all incidents put on report are thrown out at inquiry as no case to answer. In the 'olden days' the referee would have sent them off and they'd have got a ban, am I correct in thinking this?
There was a time when if you were sent off for a high tackle it was an automatic EIGHT match ban. Joe Lydon fell foul of this rule having made a tackle John Monie reckoned was the best hit he had ever seen!

Dave
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:roll: Betts is a nice man ! who cares what we need is a motivator and master tactician, and he certainly is'nt any of those.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:roll: Betts is a nice man ! who cares what we need is a motivator and master tactician, and he certainly is'nt any of those.
So who r u Mourinhio.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

we_need_a_coach posted:
what we need is to get the moaners behind the team and the manager. we should all be togetherin support of our team
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

The only probem he has is the fact hes worried about what could have been a potentially dangerous tackle on one of his players. In reference to your cheap head shots remark, i think you should watch when dallas or aspi is taking the ball forward before you call wigan about head shots, because according to the ref dallas's head is his chest!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
billyboy

Post by billyboy »

I think somebody should show Scouse where the spell checker is.
Paul Cullen's eaten my dictionary!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Selousscouts, don't get uppity, I'm on your side having visited Southern Rhodesia several times to visit Wankie N.P., Salisbury, Mana Pools game reserve and Bumi Hills Lodge when I was an expat with Dunlop in Northern Rhodesia, Ndola not Bulawayo where t'other local factory was. Lord Carrington should have been strung from the nearest baobab tree.
You are right of course but I was thinking of Selous himself that great white hunter in Tanganyika.
Bet GeoffN remembers him as well. :)
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Lancaster Rugby

Post by Lancaster Rugby »

It's actually Zimbabwe, as you're being so pedantic.
Hardly an SF unit if you're using it as a user name -
get into the 21st Century and get yer facts straight!
On the rugby front, Betts is a passionate coach with a right to protect and stand up for his players. Go and watch your fellow Africaan Jamie Bloem at Halifax - if he's not banned again for violent conduct!!
The only way is up....!
TomThumb

Post by TomThumb »

I have seen millward rant and rave and always people call him for moaning, but although i dont particularly like the guy very much (even though i dont know him personally), I think the only way to get the RFL and the referees to do anything, is to publically express their opinion, as for to long since our game has got so much faster and better that the only real thing letting our game down is the referees and i can understand the coaches frustrations, you train hard all week to get the players ready with all the videos and everything involved with being a coach of a professional club then some referee who might have had a bad week at work goes out there and changes the game completely coz of his bad decisions. I for one think that the only way that things will change in this great game of ours is for the coach publically express his opinions. Wigan coaches have for too long towd the line and kept their opinions in private. I respect dennis very much and if the guy wants to express his opinion and the only way it will get noticed is to announce it in the media then he has my backing!!! :wink: