SINGING !!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Joanne2809

SINGING !!!

Post by Joanne2809 »

Can I just say that on Sunday I went to Widnes, and our fans were a credit to the club !!

I thought the atmosphere in the away stand was brilliant, cant remember the last game I went to and thought the crowd were behind their team !!!

Well done drummer boy(S) think there were 2 of u !!

Should be more like that at home though !!!!!! Even Terry Newton in the Evening post commented on the crowd getthin behind them !!!

Keep going drummer boys !!!!
MrsLam

Re: SINGING !!!

Post by MrsLam »

I agree there. Like I said in another post Dennis Moran looked shocked at the noise and Kris was taking it in, strangely enough when we got behind them, we started scoring. I know it's a vicious circle and sometimes you need your team to do something to lift your spirits vice versa but I love big atmospheres, I love the singing and shouting and the passion and hearing old ladies call the players by the wrong name. Love it!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

If you think Moran looked shocked you should have seen me when I found out it was £16 to get in
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I KNOW! Same here, for the last however many years i've been entitled to free away games but this year the stingey gits give me a student ticket and I have to pay for away games :( £16!!! thats 10 pints in our uni bar you know RIDICULOUS
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Carneys angel

Post by Carneys angel »

you can get into most of the grounds at student rate if a) you tell them your a student and b) you have a student card like NUS one or a simalar, some id may also be needed, but i have no probs going as a student
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Whilst we're on about singing, no doubt the leythers will treat us all to their crappy flute song. They sing it at every game no matter who they are playing.
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

that is one annoying song. Some of them were sat behind me at the Tri-Nations final and thats all they were singing. And I think they all fancied Neil Turley because they were saying Oh Turley for Britain Turleys better than him. So me and my mate kind of had to sing super Kris Radlinski to silence them.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

MrsLam posted:
I KNOW! Same here, for the last however many years i've been entitled to free away games but this year the stingey gits give me a student ticket and I have to pay for away games :( £16!!! thats 10 pints in our uni bar you know RIDICULOUS

Think of it as helping with the morning after effect. No need for medication no hangover, not been miserable at UNI in the morning or at work.

Oh thats crap we can always blame a good hangover for been a right BAS with people we do not like.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

MrsLam posted:
Carney's Angel is right, you wanna get flashing that student card.

TIP FOR STUDENTS At Widnes you need to goto the ticket office before the game to get in cheap, also need to go ticket office at Huddersfield and Warrington before the turnstile for cheaper entry!