So this is the possible run in team then...?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Warrior South

So this is the possible run in team then...?

Post by Warrior South »

Mathers
Calderwood
Phelps
Carmont
Richards
Leuluai
Smith
Coley
Higham
Prescott
Hock
Hansen
Barrett

McIlorrum
Fielden
Feka
Tomkins

Don't know how long O'loughlin's out for??
Matthew

Re: So this is the possible ru...

Post by Matthew »

Can't see Calderwood ousting Colbon - Nobby has made it pretty clear that he doesn't rate Calderwood. The only way Calderwood will get a spot for the rest of the season is if Pat plays at Fullback.

Likewise, I doubt that Bailey will be dropped from the team completely. I think that it is more likely that Bailey will continue at second row with Hock at Loose forward and Barrett to stay at 6

Smith might take Joel Tomkins place on the bench in the later games; however I don't see Sam getting too many games this season
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Warrior South

Post by Warrior South »

Your probably right, i guess this was more the team i'd like to see finish the season. I don't rate Colbon and if anything would probably play him at FB if he had to be in the team.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Phelps is a better fullback than Mathers
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

old hooker

Post by old hooker »

I really hope Nobby has enough sense to leave Barrett at 6. He is our best player by a mile and no one should ever play their most potent weapon out of position.Smith may well be a great signing for us but to just put him straight in the side would be mad. It will be probably be a few weeks before hes fit,after all he,s only been surfing and working with a carpenter in recent times,apart of course from trying to drink Australia dry.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

I really hope Nobby has enough sense to leave Barrett at 6. He is our best player by a mile and no one should ever play their most potent weapon out of position.Smith may well be a great signing for us but to just put him straight in the side would be mad. It will be probably be a few weeks before hes fit,after all he,s only been surfing and working with a carpenter in recent times,apart of course from trying to drink Australia dry.
El Bobbers

Post by El Bobbers »

Smith might take Joel Tomkins place on the bench in the later games
I hope this doesn't happen he has the potential to be a cracking player, with Hock, Hansen, Lockers and Mossop coming through we will have a set of back rowers that will, given the chance and time, be amongst the best around.

We need to give him as much game time as possible IMO.

Do the trees feel cold when the wind blows?
MrDave

Re: So this is the possible run in team then...?

Post by MrDave »

Richard
Calderwood
Phelps
Carmont
Colbon
Barrett
LeuLuai
Coley
Higham
Fielden
Tomkins
Hansen
Hock

McIlorum
Prescott
Feka
Bailey

I would go with the team above. Mathers has been a liability and full back is an area where you need some consistency, the last thing the defence wants is to be worry what the full back is doing.

On the other hand Tomkins has been consistent for most of the season and with O'Loughlin out it opens up a space in the second row. I think Noble should give him a bit of nudge by starting him and seeing if he can start running the angles he does in the academy.
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

I was reading in the wigan reporter today, that they are looking at Smith @ 7 with Tommy moving to 6 and Barrett to loose once smith has his work permit.
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

gpartin wrote:Phelps is a better fullback than Mathers
My 84 year old Grandma is a better fullback than Mathers!
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09