Brian McDermott ( next coach )

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
OAMJSONA

Brian McDermott ( next coach )

Post by OAMJSONA »

Ok its rumour time again i was told in confidense that Noble is on his way out and Lennegan wants Brian McDermott to come in as coach.

What are your views
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Brian McDermott ( next coa...

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I think that you will find that Brian Noble will be coaching Wigan next year. Like the players, Brian will have to earn a new contract by producing positive results.

Rumours will continue to abound, but realistically, who is better qualified? Quite simply, there is nobody in SL with a record as good as Nobby.

I am sure that the management will eventually want to employ one of our own i.e. a Wiganer, but at present there is nobody available. I am sure that Shaun Edwards would be IL's obvious choice but he is tied up with Wasps and Wales for the next few years.

Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Id personally prefer John Kear to come.

He is a guy that brings the best out of the players he has.

If he can have Wakefield sitting around a play off spot and doing well in the challenge cup, with the amount of injuries they have had. Imagine what he could do with wigan.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
LKC29

Post by LKC29 »

John kear didn't really cover himself in glory when he was here before. i know a few players that have played under Kear and all of them including his favorites said that his man mangment was rubbish. He openly introduced quite dangerous conflict between players. Not a good though in my mind
FROM A TO B

Re: Brian McDermott ( next coach )

Post by FROM A TO B »

OAM wrote:Ok its rumour time again i was told in confidense that Noble is on his way out and Lennegan wants Brian McDermott to come in as coach.

What are your views
So much for being told in confidence then :o
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

nathan_rugby wrote:Id personally prefer John Kear to come.

He is a guy that brings the best out of the players he has.

If he can have Wakefield sitting around a play off spot and doing well in the challenge cup, with the amount of injuries they have had. Imagine what he could do with wigan.
Been here before, as someone else quite rightly pointed out. Not too sure his reasonings for leaving or if he was made "available" by the owners at the time for some "behind the scenes" reason.

Was useless (think little fish in a big pond)! Don't care what he is currently achieving at Wakey - if we cannot set our sights higher than that, then Wigan is seriously in trouble! Might as well get Vaealiki back!!!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
right cross

Post by right cross »

john kear ...come on you must be joking, as with a player the less clubs you play for the better the player ? how many clubs as john kear been involved with .... anyway wakey [john kear] might not be in superleague next season who knows but please don't put his name anywhere near wigans ,he as had is chance and blew it :( :angry: :angry:
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

dont be stupid. i was talking to one of players today and was telling him about the rumours about noble of even feka going and he said its deffo not true. players have faith in nobby.
IN WANE WE TRUST
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Don't buy British
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Oh Brian McDermott is weird. He has no media skills whatsoever.