JJB out for next season?!

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: JJB out for next season?!

Post by josie andrews »

the-Bowtun-Warr ior wrote:
josie andrews wrote:The sponsorship? finishes at the end of this season. Thats why we had to have it on this seasons shirt even though it was manufactured by Kooga. :)

JJB own kooga.
Sorry to be blunt but thats wrong. No emoticons to soften the post.
Didn't know that!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

ancientnloyal wrote:well Mike Ashley has shares with JJB - lol. It didnt go down too well at the time.

he's in there with more than just 'shares'!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

DaveO wrote:
butt monkey wrote:
As for any sponsorship deal "running out", as I said, the rumour I heard was that no "deal" was in place! Mr Whelan got "free" advertising courtesy of the Warriors!!!
Free as in paying £450,000 for Fielden, paying off Milward, getting Noble in and so on you mean?

It was I am sure just the way DW ran the club given he owned it, the ground and the JJB company itself. It was "all one big thing" to him so I am sure the fact we didn't get any sponsorship for the shirts was more than offset by other money DW spent on the club. Would you not agree?
Dave
And you are sure the money spent on the named players (amongst others) was Whelans? How about the small income that the Warriors DID have coming through the turnstyle/merchandise? He has never exactly been forthcoming when it comes to spending his own cash, so why do you expect that to have changed because he owned the Warriors?
Now obviously IL needs to get sponsorship because I don't think his pockets as deep as DW's but I don't think it was some heinous crime DW committed not paying shirt sponsorship for the reasons stated above.
"Short arms, deep pockets" spring to mind!
As to shirt sponsorship this year, IL knew the score on that when he bought the club.
Knowing "the score" as you put it, and being able to do something about it after the protracted take-over are two different things. The shirt was already released and on sale, he could do little to bring in new major shirt sponsors, so he probably had to "make do" with the status quo for this season.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

GeoffN wrote:Image

:cool:
my fav ,wore it against leeds on friday night
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

Bring back the Edwards Pies Mascot aswell, funniest thing Ive seen the old warrior mascot passing the ball to it and trying to catch the ball when it couldnt put its hands together. Got dumped when whelan bought and destroyed Pooles Pies.
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Not having Norweb as the sponsor is the reason why Wigan have not been as successful just look at the evidence:

Norweb sponsorship 1989 till 1999 and Wigan won:

The League 8 times
The Challenge Cup 6 times
The League Cup 4 times
The Premiership Trophy 5 times
The Charity Shield 2 times
and the World Sevens once.

JJB Sports sponsorship 2000-2008 and Wigan have won:

The Challenge Cup once.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Bring back NORWEB
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

You are correct in your assumption Butt Monkey, JJB will not be sponsoring Wigan next season. One of the early jobs for Mick Hogan will be to engage a new sponsor.

IL is a very astute businessman and I think that you will see a few changes over the next few years. I think that his two main concerns will be winning silverware and making a profit.

Joe Lydon has been appointed as Performance Director and therefore we should see an improvement in the coaching and playing staff. Recruitment should also improve both at a junior (schoolboys)and senior level.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

any thoughts on canterbury the people who make wire's kit. alot of union teams have that style shirt and they are very nice. ? dont lynch me its only a thought :nerv:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Im quite happy with Kooga tbh, IMO they have a better range of casual wear do KooGa, compared to Canterbury... but you cant beat their rugby boots.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame