What have we done to Klein?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: What have we done to Klein...

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

i watched it on sky, yes the mcllorum shot was high and calculated, however i have seen 100 worse than it this season none of them resulting in a red, a yellow and 2 match ban would have been a good call. the rest of descions stank! including the colbon disallowed try!!!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

gpartin wrote:You all sound like Featherstone fans. We all know Klein is a craphouse but we've got far more pressing issues wouldn't you think?
We have but Klein really is very poor. He deserves a lot of stick given the last few games he has reffed us.

The sending off showed he hasn't the right temperament to be a top ref. He doesn't know when to be strict and when not in a nutshell.

Dave
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Rob didn't help himself by refusing to disagree with cummins and his band of merry f***wits. By taking the referee "I'm always right" approach, he alienated a lot of people.

He would have got a lot less stick if he hadn't supported klein and his like after performances like tonight
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
El Bobbers

Post by El Bobbers »

Wigan_forever19 85 wrote:i watched it on sky, yes the mcllorum shot was high and calculated, however i have seen 100 worse than it this season none of them resulting in a red, a yellow and 2 match ban would have been a good call. the rest of descions stank! including the colbon disallowed try!!!
I sort of agree. I wouldn't have minded the sending off but there is too much inconsistency, it was high and I think it was deliberate but too often players have got away with worse. Klein is one of the most inconsistent and unreliable referees in the game. How he justifies his wage is beyond me. Even Stevo was calling his mistakes!!!
Do the trees feel cold when the wind blows?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan wrote:
gpartin wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Rob is a decent bloke. I do not always agree with his views but he will argue his case. Some time ago, Rob decided to stop posting, I conversed with his via the PM system.
I don't blame him, it was almost as if he got blamed for other reffing performances half the time.
That's true GP

Rob posted to try to 'educate' or make things clearer but I think when it became lets abuse Rob for every referees sins and ignore what he posted that he thought what is the point. He is progressing through the ranks and I know for a fact the officials are discouraged from communicating with joe public.
Oh come on. Rob swallowed the rule book. He gave the impression he'd argue black was white once he started down the refereeing track if a refs decision was questioned.

They were never wrong in his eyes and that is why he copped the stick.

We are not all stupid and do know many of the rules as well as he does (or may do).

Dave
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

DaveO wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
gpartin wrote: I don't blame him, it was almost as if he got blamed for other reffing performances half the time.
That's true GP

Rob posted to try to 'educate' or make things clearer but I think when it became lets abuse Rob for every referees sins and ignore what he posted that he thought what is the point. He is progressing through the ranks and I know for a fact the officials are discouraged from communicating with joe public.
Oh come on. Rob swallowed the rule book. He gave the impression he'd argue black was white once he started down the refereeing track if a refs decision was questioned.

They were never wrong in his eyes and that is why he copped the stick.

We are not all stupid and do know many of the rules as well as he does (or may do).

Dave
Your right!

I was under the impression that if he got caught driving the wrong way down a one way street, he would somehow explain that it was allowed under rugby league by-laws!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
dannydutson

Post by dannydutson »

Noble should do what anderson did a couple of months back. Anderson had a go at ian smith after they played huddersfield and he hasnt refereed a saints game since. Dont think we would be that lucky though with klein. The RFL would probably dock points of us. Im sure they would find a way
2old4

Post by 2old4 »

desparately trying to RESPECT THE REF (dont forget no ref no game) BUT... really wanted to walk out after red card and i have NEVER walked out on wigan lads (and wont!) Just knew how the game would turn out and it MUST affect your play if you are looking at the official after every tackle (watch the video!)YES, i agree there are probs within team but that result could have been very different with 13 v 14! :dont:
turf

Post by turf »

2old4 wrote:desparately trying to RESPECT THE REF (dont forget no ref no game) BUT... really wanted to walk out after red card and i have NEVER walked out on wigan lads (and wont!) Just knew how the game would turn out and it MUST affect your play if you are looking at the official after every tackle (watch the video!)YES, i agree there are probs within team but that result could have been very different with 13 v 14! :dont:
13 v 15 you mean. Don't forget Saints also had the VR - Mr Thaler on their side after he deliberately wiped out TWO certain tries for us!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
El Bobbers

Post by El Bobbers »

turf wrote:13 v 15 you mean. Don't forget Saints also had the VR - Mr Thaler on their side after he deliberately wiped out TWO certain tries for us!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
The Colbon decision was disgraceful, not sure how he came to the conclusion it was a push? I know Colbon touched him but it wasn't a push unless he has Popeye arms I don't thin it would be that easy to move Meli, not only that but Mel threw himself across the ball in an effort to stop Colbon but missed it, look at him desperately kick out a leg as he went by.
Do the trees feel cold when the wind blows?