END OF THE ROAD NOBLE

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
CBWarrior

Re: END OF THE ROAD NOBLE

Post by CBWarrior »

I have always supported Noble, I can't justify it anymore.

How do you raise your team for Leeds and not for Saints, the biggest derby in SL.

I think he's a joke. What kind of coach makes a substition 4mins and 10s after half time!!! (O'carrol off for Feka)

I thought the game was a disgrace, I also thought Wigan lacked passion in places, not prepared to chase a loose ball twice. Once on the RHS from the south stand when gidley kicked through and it bounced off a players legs, and then once when Mathers kicked through and 11 Warriors stood on the 20m line watching as wellens turned Mathers inside out with all the time in the world.....

So I'm going to sit and moan like crazy to anyone who bothers asking me how wigan saints went...why?

So I can get used to it...because a Mediocre(sp) team while this TOOL is at the helm. It isn't all his fault, some of it is average players, but HE has a say in who plays and who doesn't, and I can't understand why we have S.Tomkins sat in the reserves and his majesty sending props up on their own agianst saints, a lack of speed is also a problem (although Phelps is helping) yet we have the fastest water boy in SL.

Oh...and whos idea was it to send props straight back into the markers....next time I will help with that. I'll get some red paint and stick a bullsye on their chest. Saints have the best defense in SL, and which ever brain box (brian box??) thought that was gona work deserves a rocket up his backside

/rant
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

doesn't have what he had at bradford, biggest team in the league. hasn't got that here, is struggling for ideas. barrett looks more like a coach to me than noble.

however sacking another i doubt will solve much.

but id love to see edwards in come the end of the noble era.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

as i said in my thread at the begining

"THE TIME IS RIGHT BITCH"

Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

why are people mentioning edwards as coach? he will not return to league for next 10 years at least. hes earning more money and credit than we or anyone in league can give him.
IN WANE WE TRUST
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

If you're from Wigan you'll understand the Edwards connection. He will be our coach in many years, no question about that. Just, Noble isn't the right man for us, in my opinion.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Gemma your loyalty makes you say some ridiculous things IMO. This is not about Edwards. It is about a coach who is taking Wigan RLFC backwards.

I am his biggest critic and I only advocate replacing him with a current NRL coach.

You will always get people calling for Edwards and Farrell that is natural. However, most know Edwards is a long term prospect, maybe even a dream. If the club was to even contemplate Edwards, thwey would need to send him on a sabbatical to a top NRL club for 12 months beforehand to get him up to track. Thereon lies the problem with Nobby, he's stuck in 1999 when Elliott left. All his knowledge dates from Smith/Elliott. The game has left him far behind.

Will Noble turn up for Fans Forum 2?

Reserves/Academy - good first team result, he comes in the main stand. Bad first team result he hies in the clubhouse.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Your right that when things are bad the Edwards call does go up. It was the same with Murphy at Leigh and Saints to someextent. However, I think most people do not care where the coach is from if we are winning and playing attractive RL.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

We should have signed Mick Potter before that lot across the other side of Billinge hill did so!

Noble doesn't motivate the team, his tactics are poor and his selection leaves a lot to be desired.

Friday night showed that there are light years between the two teams. Let's not be kidded though Stains are a good team that do the basics well not a great team.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

So do Wigan have

1. A good team with a bad coach
2. A bad team with a good coach

???
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

A decent team with a bad coach. Whilst Saints and Leeds may be better, there is no reason why we should not be in the position Catalan are. SL is nothing special.