Players contracts, 2009 etc...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Players contracts, 2009 et...

Post by nathan_rugby »

If it was up to me id actually do something like.
Although it isnt realistic.

1 - Reay/Vievers
2 - Ainscough
3 - Goulding
4 - Pryce
5 - Stanton
6 - Tomkins
7 - Coyle
8 - O Carrol
9 - Mcillorum
10 - Prescott
11 - Hock
12 - Hansen
13 - Lockers

14 - Tomkins
15 - Mossop
16 - Davis
17 - Flanagan

That would be fantastic imo.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

We have signed everyone up bar Higham, Calderwood, Colbon. Phelps and I suppose Mathers who has this weird contract based on number of appearances. Well also lose Barrett.

We gain Riddle, Smith and Pryce (if he gets fit) and we may give Phelps a deal.

That's it. There is no point saying we'd "I'd like to get rid of..." because we can't. The rest all of contracts for next year.

Dave

thomo

Post by thomo »

Spot on Dave - we are stuck with the people we have under contract and unless they agree to a release or another club wants them then we are stuck with them - this includes people like Fielden - they are part of the club for next season and we would be stupid not to use them.
Bailey is another - not earning his big bucks but we have him for another season so we might as well use him - but please do not offer him an extension to his contract
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

We'll probably gain two more players - a forward and a back.

Given the addition of two extra clubs to SL, we may be in a position to offload some players.

Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
joeb

Post by joeb »

excluding the ones we allready know are leaving, i have heard four more, who put a shirt on, on fridaywill be shown the door,no names as yet
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Whose your source ?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
LORENZO

Post by LORENZO »

Not quite sure why we are talking about players here folks when the main problem lies with a coach who has clearly lost his team.
Thought B.N. looked like a condemned man on T.V. replay and so he should be.
And what about our performance director also?
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

joeb wrote:excluding the ones we allready know are leaving, i have heard four more, who put a shirt on, on fridaywill be shown the door,no names as yet
For fun, the ones we already know who are "out" are Higham, Calderwood and Barrett.

So the other four I guess would be Feka (no smoke without fire as far as I am concerned), Mathers (simply not "cutting the mustard"), O'Carroll (yes I know he has a new extended contract, but with the new franchises and players wanted - I think he will at least go on a season's loan somewhere) and my final guess will be Colbon (who to this date has not signed any extension - but would be similar in circumstances to O'Carroll if he did). :doz:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

nathan_rugby wrote:If it was up to me id actually do something like.
Although it isnt realistic.

1 - Reay/Vievers
2 - Ainscough
3 - Goulding
4 - Pryce
5 - Stanton
6 - Tomkins
7 - Coyle
8 - O Carrol
9 - Mcillorum
10 - Prescott
11 - Hock
12 - Hansen
13 - Lockers

14 - Tomkins
15 - Mossop
16 - Davis
17 - Flanagan

That would be fantastic imo.
I think your obsession to watch the reserves is getting the better of you Nathan :lol: That side would not only be very inexperienced at SL level, but would more than likely see Wigan finish around bottom spot after some record defeats!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

joeb wrote:excluding the ones we allready know are leaving, i have heard four more, who put a shirt on, on fridaywill be shown the door,no names as yet
They can't be simply shown the door. They either have to be sacked (and for that some sort of misconduct or similar would need to be proved) or a team has to come and take them off our hands as a transfer.

Why would a team do that when instead they can go directly for the players we think we will replace them with who would also presumably be better?

Dave