Colbon To Salford??

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
a-true-warrior

Colbon To Salford??

Post by a-true-warrior »

Says In Todays M.E.N that salford is looking at liam colbon and says that they are cooling on the idea of signing micky higham where it says he is almost certain to sign for warrington and it also says we were intrested in nicky scruton any truth in this

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... r_cashmere
RIP mike you will always be remembered

once a wigan fan always a wigan fan
nathan_rugby

Re: Colbon To Salford??

Post by nathan_rugby »

I hope colbon goes to salford.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

jeeeee i hope they sign him!

i'll pay for is taxi!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

the-Bowtun-Warr ior wrote:jeeeee i hope they sign him!

i'll pay for is taxi!
Don't, you'll get shafted even more. #33 Bus will do £4.60 any bus day saver (or whatever the general public pay on such general public forms of transportation)
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Colbon's receiving a pittance compared to other players in the side, relaesing him would not suddenly free up a wad of money that could be used to entice players of the right quality. His performances, whilst not being spectacular, have generally been consistent. That's more than can be said of our well paid so called stars! I suggest that we try and offload sme players that will give us far more flexibility in the recruitment market e.g. Mathers, LuLu, Coley and Bailey.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

shaunedwardsfan club wrote:Colbon's receiving a pittance compared to other players in the side, relaesing him would not suddenly free up a wad of money that could be used to entice players of the right quality. His performances, whilst not being spectacular, have generally been consistent. That's more than can be said of our well paid so called stars! I suggest that we try and offload sme players that will give us far more flexibility in the recruitment market e.g. Mathers, LuLu, Coley and Bailey.
them three players you mention are all contracted till next season. the money that would be used to pay them off would count on the cap!

tbh i dont think coley has done much wrong this year and comes in for some unfair critism at times!

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

shaunedwardsfan club wrote:Colbon's receiving a pittance compared to other players in the side, relaesing him would not suddenly free up a wad of money that could be used to entice players of the right quality.

So what? He is the definition of average. However little he is on it's better spent elsewhere like using the money to make sure we don't lose the top prospects from the U21's.
His performances, whilst not being spectacular, have generally been consistent. That's more than can be said of our well paid so called stars! I suggest that we try and offload sme players that will give us far more flexibility in the recruitment market e.g. Mathers, LuLu, Coley and Bailey.
And keep Mr. Average Colbon? I agree his attitude is great compared to others but ultimately he isn't the sort of player who if in out 1st 17 will have us winning anything. He just hasn't got the pace for the wing or size for the pack. It's a harsh world professional RL.

Dave
mano

Post by mano »

imo i think noble will try to keep colbon and 1 from ainscough/stanton for next season
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

ancientnloyal wrote:
the-Bowtun-Warr ior wrote:jeeeee i hope they sign him!

i'll pay for is taxi!
Don't, you'll get shafted even more. #33 Bus will do £4.60 any bus day saver (or whatever the general public pay on such general public forms of transportation)
£3 return on Northern Rail! (Not sure we would want him back though) :wink:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

standishwarrior wrote:
shaunedwardsfan club wrote:Colbon's receiving a pittance compared to other players in the side, relaesing him would not suddenly free up a wad of money that could be used to entice players of the right quality. His performances, whilst not being spectacular, have generally been consistent. That's more than can be said of our well paid so called stars! I suggest that we try and offload sme players that will give us far more flexibility in the recruitment market e.g. Mathers, LuLu, Coley and Bailey.
them three players you mention are all contracted till next season. the money that would be used to pay them off would count on the cap!

tbh i dont think coley has done much wrong this year and comes in for some unfair critism at times!
Coley is an absolute workhorse. If only we had more players with his level of commitment.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."