BRING BACK CRAIG SMITH

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Re: BRING BACK CRAIG SMITH

Post by mrs_carney »

we_need_a_coach posted:
Come on you Warriors fans, what we need is a new coach, and good young talent.
We have those thing you mentioned, we just need some bulk upfront
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

mrs_carney posted:
we_need_a_coach posted:
Come on you Warriors fans, what we need is a new coach, and good young talent.
We have those thing you mentioned, we just need some bulk upfront
With the injury of Davico last season in the NRL and the lose of O'Connor and Smith leaving (He wanted to stay)common sense should have prevailed.

Easy way out with avoiding the 20/20 would be ask Smith if he wanted a job as a coach for this season pay him as a coach but have him train with the team.

Asses Davico (OK i know no one knew he would do it in again so soon) and once it happened again we would have a big prop in fully fit and ready to go.

MAURICE MOVE OVER IM TAKING OVER.

Now how simple was that to work out. Smith would be ideal as a prop coach in anycase. Maybe some of u will point a failing in my master plan.

But we would circumvent the 20/20 rule as he would not be on the playing staff.

Guisett has been a good buy but Smith was a better player last season than he is at the moment. Idealy id have both. Even if it meant we sold a back to get a slot.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Now how simple was that to work out. Smith would be ideal as a prop coach in anycase. Maybe some of u will point a failing in my master plan.
Awaiting DaveO's reply!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

I'll give you a good reason MrsLam, he has just signed a one year deal with the Newcaslte Knights,
My opinion is he should never have gone, one more year out of smith would have suited wigan fine
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

One word - infuriated. I can't believe that someone at board or coahcing level didn't point out that if we let all our experienced pack men go in one shot we could get in trouble next season with only a few injuries. We really should have kept one of either Smith or O'Connor - the fact that Smith is now on a one year deal in the NRL shows the quality that we let go - even when he wnated to stay. :(

Lets face it, our injury situation isn't that bad, if we discount Faz who isn't a Wigan player anymore, we have two senior players out - both expected to return in a couple of weeks max, and one long term injury to a young player. Is the return of Orr and Carney going to make the difference? I don;t think so.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
mario

Post by mario »

Dawber posted:
I'll give you a good reason MrsLam, he has just signed a one year deal with the Newcaslte Knights,
My opinion is he should never have gone, one more year out of smith would have suited wigan fine
And still some people defend MO!
Now that Smiths in Aus though, Lindsey might go and triple his wages to come back next year.
El Rifle

Post by El Rifle »

What a tragedy! Smith still playing and we let him go. For me he was absolutely inspirtational for Wigan, he'd play with one leg if he could. I thought he retired because of injuries. If wigan had the option of smith playin on, it is scandalous that we let him go. I think everybody loved Craig smith, i suppose its just another bad decision that has been made in the last few years
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I can't believe this. He has probably rang the club up and asked for his old job back and has been told...hm we'll think about it. Loada s**** He should be back in cherry and white and playing against the fake "cherry" and whites n Fri.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Doug Stand posted:
Smith has just signed a year deal with the Newcastle Knights... he should never have been let go. It really is a disgrace of the highest order. OK who would know that Davico was to be injured...but he was the best prop in SL last year... you keep those blokes as long as they will put on a jersey.
Or as long as they can walk
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3