What's Going Wrong !

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ddtftf

Re: What's Going Wrong !

Post by ddtftf »

I totaly agree, I also witnesed the unforgivable display tonight. I think that now IL has to show us that he is strong enough to make decisions for the clubs benifit and the fans, before they start to desert him with a vote of no confidence. I am also worried that with all the money we NOW have for 2009 with the departure of Barret/Higham/ Calderwood etc, we have only sighed Ridell & no real class for next year. If this remains as is, I recon season tickets sales will be down for next year.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

How can anyone defend noble???? We avoided relegation and in the process ended up with a points deduction for going over the cap. Had we been relegated we would now be back in SL playing with some pride.

GET NOBLE OUT
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

pedro

Post by pedro »

wgnwrs wrote:Be a true fan then you prick.
we are true fans thats why we turn up ebery week like idiots. you open your eyes or get your head from up Nobles arse you will see what we are moaning about!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Noble has got us to a point where Wigan should be a top 6 side in 2 and a half years...

we're like Everton we cant push on whatever we do... we need a new catalyst.

Pushing for third place Wigan:

-drew against castleford who are bottom
- lost to Hull KR - bottom half
- lost to Huddersfield - 2nd from bottom

will probably:
-Lose to Hull FC - third from bottom
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
dannydutson

Post by dannydutson »

I agree that maybe it is time for noble to go simply because we play a poor style of play. But i think there is something wrong within the club and its always the manager who is suffreing. We have had the 2 most successful coaches in super league in millward and noble, we have had betts, gregory, raper in the past years and we still havent progressed. This problem cant be due to the coach every time.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

dannydutson wrote:I agree that maybe it is time for noble to go simply because we play a poor style of play. But i think there is something wrong within the club and its always the manager who is suffreing. We have had the 2 most successful coaches in super league in millward and noble, we have had betts, gregory, raper in the past years and we still havent progressed. This problem cant be due to the coach every time.
the players have also changed with exception to perhaps Hock and Oloughlin who would have been young and not 'an influentual player' in 2004 etc... the only constant at wigan since the Betts days are probably Wane and the fans...

you cant blame Wane as he is doing a terrific job... so... the fans are to blame! It seems...
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
brookie123

Post by brookie123 »

Hi, The purpose of the the thread wasn't to stir up bad feeling between loyal supporters, or offer an opinion on the current manager and playing staff. I'm not qualified enough. I just find it strange that for the last few years the club has continued to struggle, off loaded some reasonable players and gone down hill while other clubs with less of a pedigree and resources seem to go from strength to strength. Surely with the amount of talent coming through and the history/backing there should be continuity to see them through bad times. The appointment of IM didn't help.
jame1

Post by jame1 »

I have watched Wigan for 60 years and can honestly say that fridays game ranks with the worst ihave ever seen.Whats wrong,not one player seems to play for each other ,no passion for the team or town, we might has well play the reserves,at least they will try.I dont worry about them losing but on friday the players did not give a toss. I think nobby is one game away from the sack, unless he can bring the payers together like he did when he first came
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

I think i should apologise to a few people as i have supported Nobby and really thought that he was the coach to bring us success.However after last night i really dont think that the players want him,never mind us fans.We must bring our young players through and get rid of the dead wood eg;Bailey,Fielden,Colbon, as they are not good enough.I would also let Hansen and Lockers go as they are too small to be top class even though they tackle well but offer nothing in attack.I am gutted after last night it was a disgraceful effort
kris_roy

Post by kris_roy »

basically everything is going wrong at the moment, no desire, no passion, no willing to put there bodies on the line and keep teams from not scoring or even bothering to score themselves, a lacklustre attack to which noble is only partially to blame as his game of five drives and a kick would work well if we had the pack to do so but thanks to millward and lindsay the club has been ruined by selling off potential rising young stars and experience e.g farrell and ashton. if it was legally possible and i was in the same position as IL then i would suspend all wages for all the players and all coaching staff to encourage them to actually bother to turn up and play week in week out and earn there moneys worth. even the old days of having a losing, winning and a draw wage would be a possible optionif it wasnt for legal contrancts binding the club to pay so much to our players either way they should be given a good kick up the backside and start to play if they want to win back the loyalty of the fans
BORN WIGAN,
LIVE WIGAN,
DIE WIGAN!!!!!