Fans Forum - Status quo, No change

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Fans Forum - Status quo, N...

Post by cpwigan »

ancientnloyal wrote:the problem with Wane is that he has another career.

I found the woman who wouldn't want to pay a bit extra for more games quite funny... "how can you have my support"?

stupid wench... simple, you are a Wigan supporter - more games = more money - simple. She also annoyed me she had an electric fan with her, kept buzzing, worse than a ticking clock
Worse she allowed IL to say prics will rise whilst hiding behind the extra game. The cost of watching crap PER GAME will increase significantly.

To be fair to that woman the environment in that room was stifling.
pedro

Post by pedro »

More games?

will it not be 13 home games next year like this year?
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

I liked the bit about potentially buying fitness first and making it into a museum/social club/club shop type of thing.

Football clubs have megastores (united, liverpool) why can't wigan warriors?? It would make more sense, selling things from the past, memorabilia.

I also think a museum is an excellent idea, we're by far the most illustrious club in the game and if we create a museum i will certainly visit it.

I am unconvinced on the social club idea though, but i suppose it could bring in alot more revenue for the club, its a fantastic idea trying to convert the fitness studio into these and will put us way ahead of other clubs in respect to revenue.

ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

I think that we have to be realistic here

CP - short of Noble's resignation (and or suicide) you were never going to be happy with the outcome of the Forum. You also don't like IL as a person; likening him to a politician and saying he is patronizing - which I agree with to an extent. At the end of the day he is a businessman who bought Wigan because he professes to love the club. However; he is a business man first - so no matter how much he loves the club, he loves money more and he isn't going to pour his personal fortune into the club. Season tickets were always going to increase - do you think that we should be the cheapest club to follow in SL?

If he pays for juniors to go on tours; finances staff wages out of his own pocket - then where does it end? After some pretty shoddy financial management in the past he is trying to make the club self-sufficient; which long term is essential to it's survival.

The fans forum is a place for fans to discuss things with the clubs management. IL owns the club; it's not a democracy. Essentially its IL's to do with as he sees fit. If people disagree with what he is doing that strongly then they only way they can vote is with their feet.

What were you expecting? With no obvious candidate to step in; there is no way that IL would sack Noble with the play-offs just around the corner - and that is the only thing that would have even come close to making you happy. Even if he were considering getting rid of Noble (for next season); it's unlikely that he would mention it in public.

The lack of leader on the field is what is costing us the most. Last year Barrett ran the show. This year he is clearly mentally back in Oz and can't wait for the season to end so he can get out of here. When your best player is not interested, it's always going to have a pretty big impact on team spirit and considering he is our chief playmaker as well; it won't do the running of set plays on the field any good
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cherry.pie wrote:We play 13 home games this year, won't we be playing the same amount next year?

Did Lenegan say that there was more games next year and that's why prices will be up or was it someone on this site assuming that was the case? If it's the first one then sounds like someone's trying to take us all for fools.
Yep, 27 games next season (13 H&A + "magic"). Same as this year.
2old4

Post by 2old4 »

UNBELIEVABLE! Were any of you at the same meeting as me? What did people expect? There is no fast answer and the issues talked about made sense to me. IL said at the beginning that he would give answers (we might not like them but he would give them) obviously some of you did not like them but do not proceed to give YOUR answers to the problems exc:
Behind all this is the fact that ML (presumably) left a whole load of rubbish that current managemnt are having to deal with.
Although he picked out 10 people to give questions he opened up the forum after to any questions, thankfully dismissing the usual godawful people who like to embarrass themselves :exc:
If the youngsters in the audience wanted a voice then they had their chances along with everyone else :exc:
The Black Pearl

Post by The Black Pearl »

I haven't been on the forum for a while but feel that I have to speak out. I am sick of hearing the same old rubbish week in week out. Brian Noble is a one dimensional coach always has been always will be. He tries to play the power game (grunt football) I think is the latest way of describing it and unfortunately we are nowhere near strong enough to play that brand of rugby. This then brings me on to the conditioning if Noble insists on playing the power game why are we not conditioned that way. We seem weak in the collision and it looks well when Huddersfield's forwards are easily bossing our pack. All in all I said some time ago that Wigan should have given Ian Millward more time and we would be in a much better position long term.
Pain is temporary pride is forever
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

Some of these things don't add up for me. How can we possibly be behind Saints for marketing/merchandise and income. Leeds perhaps, but Saints??? Saints average crowd is 5000+ per game less than us and they struggle to get their kit out in time for bl**dy christmas some years. They might generate additional income through their finals appearences, but I can't see their being millions difference.

RE Fekas weight. Ha Ha!! I stand vindicated. :o

IL is in a difficult position in these events because he's the interface between the fans, the coaching staff and the playing staff. For him to say the squad we have lacks quality and leadership and Barret is already disinterested is more than any other chairman would say. It would be impossible for him to reveal the precise reasons for poor squad performance and they must know. No team ever would to their fans - it's always kept in camp.

If IL genuinely wanted fan constructive fan input he should bin the forum and appoint a focus group of 10-12 fans that meet several times a year to discuss issues relating to club development.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

The Black Pearl wrote: All in all I said some time ago that Wigan should have given Ian Millward more time and we would be in a much better position long term.
Whatever Noble's faults; Millward had us adrift at the bottom of the table and had lost the dressing room. Any person that Radlinski speaks poorly of must be pretty bad
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

Brian Noble chose the man of the match in the second semi final between Hull FC and Wakey and he chose Adam Dykes.

Anyone that is in touch with reality could see that Dykes was poor apart from 2 or 3 kicks, it was a disgraceful decision. Perhaps his obsession with Aussies showed through.