Hock

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Matthew

Hock

Post by Matthew »

"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Re: Hock

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

tut tut!

the club must be seen to dicipline him now.
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

LooseHead

Post by LooseHead »

Just hope he learns from it ; fantastic player with a huge future if he can just iron out the brain lapses.
neilbass

Post by neilbass »

And with a 5 match ban, if we don't make the play-offs they can still pick him for the World Cup.

Seems a case of hedging their bets to me....
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

the-Bowtun-Warr ior wrote:tut tut!

the club must be seen to dicipline him now.
yes, and he must be told to show less passion.

the-Bowtun-Warrior

he's lost his head numerous times before, he'll do it again!

he will not learn!

we'll have t put up with this guy looking half-world class one week, and then not playing for a big chunk of the season!

the-Bowtun-Warrior

from the club:

'The Wigan Club do not condone the actions of Gareth Hock and both the Club and the player accept the RFL's punishment.'

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news_full.asp?newsid=4083

seems all we'll get from the club. dont see them taking there own stance on Hock

sheepdip

Post by sheepdip »

Cannot complain I suppose the man got what he deserved. As for affecting his chances of getting picked for the World Cup squad, would he have been picked anyway? Interesting to see what happens to the next player who abuses the ref especially if he plays for certain other clubs. Not that The RFL have introduced initiatives in regard to the rules of the game and disciplinary procedures in the past and give up on them a few weeks later. Double standards god forbid
"A STRONG LEEDS IS GOOD FOR THE GAME" (Gratian, H 2006)
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

thing is that Hock needs to learn to curb his anger if he wants to be a serious world beater he has put his world cup spot at high risk. in this country the one position we do seem to excel in is back rowers ellis, jjb, wilkin, gilmore etc etc if hock wants to get a spot he has to be more consistant
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
warriorgonesouth

Post by warriorgonesouth »

Having seen what Hock did on Sky Sports News last night, I don't actually feel he did much wrong. Yes, he touched Smith's arm and yes it was in protest.
I say touched, as it didn't look a grab as such. Hock certainly didn't manhandle the ref to the degree any reports suggest.
Once he had touched him, he turned round, said 'I scored,' and pointed at the line. Of course, he may have said something else before this which wasn't picked up on TV.
I think that he should have a ban, but not 5 games. 2/3 matches in total would suffice.

I feel that, after the RFL gave it's recent statement re. abusing referees, Hock has been used as an example for the rest of the league. Hopefully, referees will be consistent and follow the precedent set by Smith and the RFL.