Over seas players

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
OAMJSONA

Over seas players

Post by OAMJSONA »

I want to get serious for a while about our great club and the great game of rugby league.

We have had various topics over the years regarding ocer seas players but i would like to bring it up again.
do you all think they should be limited even futher than what we have playing here at the moment

Our game cannot even contemplate approach matching the aussies until we bring the local talent through into our super league sides and that means in key positions ie halfbacks and loose forwards etc etc

I apologise in advance for going over old ground

Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

GeoffN

Re: Over seas players

Post by GeoffN »

OAM wrote:I want to get serious for a while about our great club and the great game of rugby league.

We have had various topics over the years regarding ocer seas players but i would like to bring it up again.
do you all think they should be limited even futher than what we have playing here at the moment

Our game cannot even contemplate approach matching the aussies until we bring the local talent through into our super league sides and that means in key positions ie halfbacks and loose forwards etc etc

I apologise in advance for going over old ground
That's the whole point of the new rules that the RFL brought in last year - one of the few things they've done that I agree with.