A Sad Feka to Hull

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
faz13

Re: A Sad Feka to Hull

Post by faz13 »

God wrote:Well if Feka has signed for Hull, the season tickets are going to take a battering next season.

Certainly not good buisness for I.L

As for Carvell i think hes garbage and all the noise about him joining doesnt fill me with huge confidence.

I would sooner have Andy Lynch,Chris Feather,Nick Fozzard or David Ferriol.Way before Carvell.
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

Post Re: A Sad Feka to Hull
I believe Feka is too much of a luxury at present, as mentioned we need a player who can go out there for 60 minutes not 20 max. Fair enough he is working on his fitness and had a better game against Hull, as they all did. I would say to him, prove you can perform for 60 mins on the field by the end of the season then consider his future.

IMO

this is a disgrace;

you cannot discount the effort that feca has put in this season;

how can you replace a 23 yr old with a 28 yr old who does not give half as much.

Carvell is a good player but to swap him for someone who is in a contract is misguiding to say the least.

better the devil you know than the one you don't

Keep Feca
:exc: :exc:

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

right cross

Post by right cross »

maybe just maybe that's what's been up with the wigan players for the last few weeks ? m.m.m just a thought ,rumours of unrest in the camp ,could it be that some of the players do not think its right what they have done to feka [if its true] :conf:
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

No one on this thread has mentioned Carvell's disregard for contractual matters. He has reportedly signed for Hull after keeping them on hold for months and months, whilst waiting for a better offer to come along,IMO. Then when nothing happens he signs for Hull and then the next day he turns round and says he doesn't want to play for them anymore, or words to that effect.

Is this the sort of player that we want at Wigan? Loyalty, Pah! don't make me laugh, he wouldn't know loyalty if it turned round and bit him on the arse.
On the other hand we have Feka. Granted his fitness leaves a fair bit to be desired, if he was 18 stone of muscle, he would be faster, fitter and even stronger than he is now. If we can nurture his fitness and get him fully fit for next season, we would have one of the most devastating attacking props in the world. The ONLY reason that he wasn't picked for NZ was because of his fitness. This came to me directly from Brian McClenans assistant when they were last over here. Feka loves this town and the rugby club and it shows when he goes out onto the pitch.

I hope this turns out to be as true as the rumour that we had signed Pryce (Leon) a couple of seasons ago. :eusa10:

Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

The sad thing is that feka has needed to shed the pounds for a long time now, and on top of that get some fitness into the bargain. Conditioning again, and by what you are saying, it could cost him his place at Wigan. This lad could be the most dangerous forward in SL in the right hands. Hope Wigan get to grips and keep hold of him.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Presumably not before he has done his 200 hours community sentence in Wigan.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Fekka is the only prop at the club that can break a defensive line.His also the best offloader at the club.He causes more problems in 20 minutes than the other props do in a full game. Yes his defence is suspect at times but he more than makes up for that.Other than him we have 4 average front row forwards.To get rid if Fekka would be madness.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

old hooker wrote:Fekka is the only prop at the club that can break a defensive line.His also the best offloader at the club.He causes more problems in 20 minutes than the other props do in a full game. Yes his defence is suspect at times but he more than makes up for that.Other than him we have 4 average front row forwards.To get rid if Fekka would be madness.
Agree :eusa2:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
viva_seddo13

Post by viva_seddo13 »

keep feka get rid of coley carvell in

problem solved
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

viva_seddo13 wrote:keep feka get rid of coley carvell in

problem solved
not problem solved!

our four frontline props next year will be

feka
fielden
coley
carvell

with prescott and o'carroll as back up, with one of these 2 players being loaned out so they gain experience! this in my opinion could match our pack of pongia,smith,o'connor and sculthorpe.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!