Bad News On Sky!!!!!!!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
turf

Re: Bad News On Sky!!!!!!!

Post by turf »

pedro wrote:I dont see it as good refereeing. Its irrelevant what he thinks as he has asked the video ref to check it....it would have been the same as saying "i couldnt see it can you check it". Would have been good refing to give the double movement and not bother with the video but he jibbed out and went to the screen.

Thought he had a poor game. He has something against Jeffries as he murdered him all game and missed loads of things for both teams.
It's an old cliche but if the technology is there, and available to him (Thaler), then he has every right to use it when he wants to.

The same when he went to the VR to see how to restart the game in the 2nd half, and he said, "I think the Leeds player grounded the ball last but just check that wil you please".

That in my opinion is good refereeing because he is giving HIS versions of what he saw to give the VR as bit more to work on while making his decision.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Ok.....so how does him giving his opinion make him good? If he saw it he should give it or if he didnt ask the video ref for the answer. The only reason I can think of why he is giving his opinion is to sway the decision. Otherwise why give it if he is unsure?

Its his job to make sure he is in the right position so he shouldnt have to use the VR, the one where Tansey knocked it dead he should have seen it as he was in good position.
turf

Post by turf »

True pedro.

I am just saying that this (giving the VR his opinion on what he saw) maybe the next move forward for all the officials.

I disagree that Thaler told the VR what he saw deliberately to sway the decision, I think he was just giving the VR a bit more information to work on.

Yes I KNOW he saw it, but I say AGAIN, if he is unsure and the technology is there then yes, ,lets go to the screen if he is unsure of something.

Plus, it makes it good refereeing by Thaler because on what Thaler told him to look for, the VR got his decisions right.
pedro

Post by pedro »

"can you check the grounding" compared to "I think he scored can you check".

Its not the step forward as every decision wil go to the VR then. I think he scored check it. I think he knocked on check it. Should be used in case the ref was obstructed or trying to catch up on a brake away try.

Its being used as a cop out half the time.
turf

Post by turf »

That is a view (until your post pedro) that we haven't perhaps covered for Thaler yet, that his (Thaler's) view (of the two incidents we are talking about him using the VR) may have been impeded/obstructed.

This would mean that Ben Thaler couldn't see what went on, so he is saying what he THOUGHT had happened, and asks the VR to check it out for him.
pedro

Post by pedro »

he couldnt have been impeded for the drop out as it was on his side and wasnt accross field...if he was impeded it was due to his bad positioning.

He had a poor game for me
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Can't believe this. For the second time, I am agreeing with Butt Monkey!!

BTW, can someone please tell turf they agree with him?
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

turf wrote: Not sure where Stevo is???? :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf:
IIRC Stevo has to go back to Australia for a few weeks mid-season for immigration reasons. If he's in one country or the other country for too long then he might have problems with residency, and as far as I'm aware he officially lives in Australia these days.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
turf

Post by turf »

Fraggle wrote:
IIRC Stevo has to go back to Australia for a few weeks mid-season for immigration reasons. If he's in one country or the other country for too long then he might have problems with residency, and as far as I'm aware he officially lives in Australia these days.
It's a bit of a way to just come over and commentate on two games a week isn't it????? :conf: :conf:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

turf wrote:
Fraggle wrote:
It's a bit of a way to just come over and commentate on two games a week isn't it????? :conf: :conf:
No, he officially lives in Aus, so for tax/immigration reasons he's based over there, but lives over here for part of the year to work for Sky. But I think he were over here continuously for 6 months or however long the season is then they'll consider him to have moved back to the UK and that will affect his living situation (including him probably having to pay more tax by becoming a full-time British citizen again!). So he needs to go back to Aus to break up the time that he's over here so that the paperwork is kept in order.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]