Live Updates for Catalans Game Here

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Live Updates for Catalans ...

Post by cpwigan »

Weird, the one thing he is noted for is having a good kicking game. To be fair I am impressed he played the full 80 as he is some way from full match fitness.
turf

Post by turf »

jolleymike wrote:cant believe that the VR disallowed Colbornes try, the cat player clearly knocked the ball forward in to colborns arms.

I watch the game in the freemasons - the team played very well even agent ganson couldnt go to the screen for the last try. A good result as there are not to many sides that will go to cats and take some points away.

Best try of the night was luilui's side step to put pat through for an 70 yarder. Even feka played for more than 30 mins in total.

Only down side was that we looked slow in defense.

Just hope Barret hasnt played his last game as at times we missed his directional skills, saying that Smith and lui had good games.
Done by the VR AGAIN?!?!?! :angry: :angry:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Watched on TV in a very crowded pub, and didn't have much of a view, but anyway:

As others have said already, that's a pretty good result, especially considering Barrett out at short notice.

Leuluai MoM for me, but a fairly decent all-round performance. With a bit more luck, we could have won it. I'm bewildered by the Colbon disallowed try, too, (which appeared to be for a forward pass) but having said that, I think their disallowed one was OK too.

Can't see us catching Wire now, though, for 4th spot, even with their loss - their PD is a lot better than ours, and they've a much easier run-in.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

can't believe i lost my internet connection, ferkin orange, they can sod off when me contracts up, should never have left AOL, pooey free laptop they gave us is crap, it's slower than Wellens on a kick return, went off 4 seconds into the second half, only just got back, sounded like a reet goo second half :(
turf

Post by turf »

medlocke wrote:can't believe i lost my internet connection, ferkin orange, they can sod off when me contracts up, should never have left AOL, pooey free laptop they gave us is crap, it's slower than Wellens on a kick return, went off 4 seconds into the second half, only just got back, sounded like a reet goo second half :(
Medlocke that is the funniest thing you have said in absolutely AGES!!!! :badg: :badg: :lol: :lol:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

If we finish 5th. Let's say Saints 1 Leeds 2 Cats 3 Wire 4 and 6 Bulls who do we play in the play offs?
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

As I understand it
3rd play 6th and 5th play 4th, so if it stays as it is, we are away to wire
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote:If we finish 5th. Let's say Saints 1 Leeds 2 Cats 3 Wire 4 and 6 Bulls who do we play in the play offs?
By my reckoning, we would be away to Wire and Bulls would travel to Catalans. Assuming Catalans won, they would be at home again to us or Wire.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

FROM A TO B wrote:As I understand it
3rd play 6th and 5th play 4th, so if it stays as it is, we are away to wire
Correct.
neilbass

Post by neilbass »

Watched in the Freemasons too. Great game and pleased with the point.

We thought Colbon's try may have been denied for a 2 man steal in the build-up (but agree it was more like it came of the Cats player into Colbon's hands).

The Cats try that was disallowed was absolutely fine too though - think that one was ruled out for obstruction? - so it all evens up.

Smith not as good as last week, but then I don't think Tommy clicked with him as well as Trent. The way Trent and Smith shifted the ball across the pitch last week wasn't really there last night, and we definitely missed Trent's accuracy on kicks to the corners.

Thought Tommy tried hard though, and that break and offload to Pat was a beauty. Mathers had another good game too, but just missed taking the pass that would have put him in for a try. Also thought Hansen, Fielden and Feka worked hard - and Tomkins had another good one.

Pretty pleased with that performance to be honest.