Randy Orton Injured In Crash!

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
turf

Randy Orton Injured In Crash!

Post by turf »

From the search word in the search engine Google:

Randy Orton was involved in a motorcycle accident near his home Sunday night that could have ended his life were he not wearing a helmet.

Orton, who has only been riding motorcycles for a month, said he was riding around a sharp curve on a steep hill home when an oncoming car veered into his lane causing him to widen his turn.

Orton then struck a curb and was thrown from his bike. He collided with the ground, knocking him unconscious. In his words, Orton "bounced and rolled just under 300 feet, landing in a ditch."

"When I came to, I knew I had rebroken my collarbone," said Orton. "When the police and fireman got there, they asked me 'Where's the guy who was in the wreck?' and I said 'It was me.'"

Orton, who was wearing just shorts and a sweatshirt, only sustained the rebroken collarbone.

"Without a helmet, I would be dead," said Orton. "Now that I have a newborn daughter, so much was going through my head."

Although the initial prognosis is that Orton will not need surgery, this injury will set him back an additional three months before he can return to the ring.

Orton did have one final message for his fans ... "I will ride again."

Also from the same content is Randy Orton's version of events:

I was run off the road last night at 1030 by a car that had its his beams on and was veering into my lane during a sharp turn a the top of a hill near my home.

I had no choice but to crash, and was thrown 300 feet from the concrete block that sent me flying. I was traveling about 30 miles per hour. I'm lucky to be alive. I have some pretty severe skinned up areas such as my left knee right foot, and left shoulder trap.

WWE.com should be posting that it wasn't 30 feet but 300 soon. I just called and bi###ed them out, for the typo. I was wearing a helmet, and if not for that I would have without a shadow of a doubt been a goner. I see what the extent of my rebroken collarbone is tommorow.

The bike was a Harley fat bob, and it was a rental. It is totaled. I'm just tahnkful and happy that I'm alive, and that the bike wasn't mine. All I could think about was my daughter and Samantha. God was definetly watching over me!!

It just shows you the improtance of woearing a helmet when on ANY bike.

The Spanish should take not of this story because they just ride round on their bikes WITHOUT helmets.

Also it indicates the hazzards of travelling around in your car with your beam lights on and what it can cause.
Fraggle

Re: Randy Orton Injured In Crash!

Post by Fraggle »

turf wrote: It just shows you the improtance of woearing a helmet when on ANY bike.

The Spanish should take not of this story because they just ride round on their bikes WITHOUT helmets.

Also it indicates the hazzards of travelling around in your car with your beam lights on and what it can cause.
Which would be relevant except that in over half the states in America you also don't need to wear a helmet when on a motorbike, and Orton's fellow HD riders are the most likely not to bother.

I'm also not sure whether the story is referring to what we call "full beam" lights, or just normal headlights, as there are terminology differences between us and them with respect to anything to with cars. But in any case, there are plenty of occasions when it's legitimate to use full beam lights and without any of us knowing the accident location, I'd not like to speculate if this was such a place or not.

I thought these wrestlers were supposed to be indestructible and that he'd be back in ring 10 minutes after the accident hitting someone over the head with a chair...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
turf

Re: Randy Orton Injured In Crash!

Post by turf »

Actually Fraggle during this incident he has re injured the collar bone that he broke at a recent PPV (pay per view) event when he was thrown from the ring and landed on his collar bone/shoulder.
turf

Re: Randy Orton Injured In Cra...

Post by turf »

Nobby`s Girl wrote:I think its crazy how you dont have to wear a helmet on a road legal quad bike, these things are crazy! Although they have the 4 wheels, the power they put on on the roads is frightening. I`d stick with my 2 wheels over a quad any day!
I am so, SO sorry Nobby's Girl, I didn't know you had a two wheeled motorcycle.

I wish I had never posted this now.

I hope I have not put you or anybody else off riding two wheeled motorcycles now!!! :blush: :blush: :sad: :sad: :sad:
turf

Post by turf »

Nobby`s Girl wrote:Give over!! Whats their to be sorry about!!

Put me of riding the bikes...it`ll take a lot more than your post :lol:

one of the guys who goes on the bike run with us, he came of his bike about 4 weeks ago, he`s still in hospital, lucky to be alive but he may loose his leg. Said he wont touch a bike again.
Thank god for that Nobby's Girl, I thought you'd have gone off on one after seeing/reading my post.

PS: I STILL wish I hadn't brought up this subject if your mate is STILL in hospital and is going to (maybe) lose his leg. :blush: :blush: :sad: :sad: :sad:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Nobby`s Girl wrote:one of the guys who goes on the bike run with us, he came of his bike about 4 weeks ago, he`s still in hospital, lucky to be alive but he may loose his leg. Said he wont touch a bike again.
That reminds me of my week in hospital last November after I broke my leg. If I thought I was in a bad way with two broken bones and a 30cm piece of titanium holding it all together, the other two guys in the ward with me had both been knocked off bikes and badly shattered their legs. One guy had been in there a couple of months already, he was making good progress towards saving his leg but the other guy, a young Polish kid about 20 years old, he was facing losing one of his legs. He was absolutely distraught when they told him. I almost felt guilty when I left on my crutches, leaving the two of them behind with their horrible injuries. But I guess it's like anything, half the fun is knowing there's a risk, and the risks don't put people off (except for me because I've got no sense of balance so I know I'll fall off...!)

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
turf

Post by turf »

Sorry to hear this Fraggle AND to those two who badly damaged their legs!!!!

As I say, I think this highlights the importance of wearing a helmet on WHATEVER bike you are riding.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

turf wrote:Sorry to hear this Fraggle AND to those two who badly damaged their legs!!!!

As I say, I think this highlights the importance of wearing a helmet on WHATEVER bike you are riding.
Well, my accident had nothing to do with bikes, and a helmet would have made no difference either. Broken legs can happen for various reasons. So remember kiddies, when you go ice skating this coming November/December time, don't forget that a broken leg is not just for Christmas... but also New Year....... and Easter................ but it hopefully should be recovered by the time summer comes around!

[hr]
turf

Post by turf »

I still wouldn't wish it on ANYBODY Fraggle.

PS: I agree with Fraggle, people on here please, please, PLEASE be careful when you go ice skating in October/November/December.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

turf wrote:PS: I agree with Fraggle, people on here please, please, PLEASE be careful when you go ice skating in October/November/December.
I'll just go ice-skating in July then! :wink:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!